Cat's Ep82 Starbo Thread - Now Forged & Sequential!

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont know how i haven't come across this log before, Have had a quick flick through and its awesome! what a transformation!

Excellent work mate.

Thanks for the kind words bud :thumbsup:

Awesome progress dude, what did you go TM for? And why the JPerformance cooler instead?

Keep it up. :thumbsup:

Appreciate bud, I went to tm developments for the engine. A long way from hill billy heaven for sure!

I went for the j performance intercooler as it's a hdi yet cheaper, and I had already fitted a hdi cooler so no messing about getting it to fit. And the speedvision one wasn't the greatest of fitting one tbh.

Finally a big update :rockon:

The car is now finished at Mark's and back with me ;)

Took it to work but had to take it easy due to having no fueling or management so driving off boost is total gay like.

But as soon as I got it home, threw on my AEM wideband and gauge, my HKS dump valve insert and removed the silly boost solenoid. I also got my TRD rear beam bushes from Rory's mate Fudi which I swapped for my old wishbones.

Some general pics and some of my work:

DSCF0271.jpg

DSCF0267.jpg

DSCF0266.jpg

DSCF0272.jpg

DSCF0274.jpg

DSCF0264.jpg

DSCF0279.jpg

DSCF0277.jpg

And tomorrow I'm off on a long trek to Nick for my emanage ultimate fitted and mapped. Along with my aem boost controller.

Then when I get it back up I still need to fit my new steering wheel and Ultra racing rear arb, get those rear bushes fitted then enjoy, until respray time!

right thats me home, mapping all done.

It's quick to say the least. Some weird readings coming up on my wideband although not sure how accurate that is, and it's not on boost so not that worrying as apparently my wideband came up with different readings to his when it was being mapped.

Although due to the weather never really got to use it much on the way back, and fear of the man taking my license away¬

I bet its immense bud :thumbsup:

Be good to see a few quick videos, when the weathers better and when you have time. Really interested in seeing what the sequential shifter is like and the whole car in general!

Epic build

I bet its immense bud :thumbsup:

Be good to see a few quick videos, when the weathers better and when you have time. Really interested in seeing what the sequential shifter is like and the whole car in general!

Epic build

second that! Would love to see that sequential in action! looks a beaut! would love one for the buggy but can't afford it. Plus i don't think they do one for a mr2!

I love this build loads, pure sexualness!!!!! B)

Thanks for the kind comments lads :thumbsup:

Not really interesting but pic of the emanage in it's new home:

DSCF0282.jpg

A few more tweaks for today, went to town to get some silicone hosing to tidy up how and where the boost controller solenoid was:

From this:

DSCF0289.jpg

DSCF0288.jpg

To this:

DSCF0299.jpg

DSCF0301.jpg

Although not sure if I have maybe put it a bit far away but I didn't like having it upside down on the cross member and so close to the mani.

Also had to tidy up the wiring in the interior as it was looking a bit like an abortion had happened in the car!

No before pics as I didn't take any except for around the area below the stereo centre console but I didn't end up taking any after I had tidied it a bit. But nicely mounted boost and wideband gauges:

DSCF0297.jpg

DSCF0291.jpg

DSCF0295.jpg

DSCF0296.jpg

Although I got a cable for my emanage ultimate so I can tweak it a little as it seems to be running a bit lean on idle, and I would like to get the hang of messing about with it myself. And also need to learn how to use the boost controller as well lol

Also you might notice some pics it's filthy and some the engine isn't. I gave it a quick clean, usual way, throw some silcoline pro oil on it and a quick wipe down B)

Looking good Cat, any way of getting the gauge wiring to look tidier? Maybe a hole in the dash behind them?

I would like to but can't be arsed much tbh and don't fancy drilling more holes :thumbsup: Maybe if I got a proper gauge pod thing but i don't like them much.

that sequential looks mean mate B)

this is some build thread - all the health to ride it like a dirty bitch!! B)

appreciate the kind words bud, never heard it put like that before though lol

Wee bit of an update, passenger side driveshaft has decided to start knocking away, so bought another set of shafts to replace, and then will refurb the ones I have. Since I had already replaced the passenger side one, I can start on that now. And Camskill got my parts here in less than a day almost, at this time of year and with the weather hats off to them for sure for the speedy service!

Few pics:

Original shaft in bits with the boots cut away

DSCF0302.jpg

30 spline inner for these shafts:

DSCF0306.jpg

Inner joint all cleaned up:

DSCF0307.jpg

New cv on left, old on right:

DSCF0309.jpg

DSCF0310.jpg

And since I didn't know how many splines I actually had, I bought 2 of each to make sure ;):

DSCF0308.jpg

Will get to do the other side once and finish this one once I have the driver side off as well.

Then when the new second hand ones arrive I'll do the same for them, so I have a spare set lying about :rolleyes:

yeah man, one kind would be the way to go, and just the abs ones with the pick up ring. Make parts easier to find.

But no, they need to know the spline count which you need to know before buying the part, and to know that you need to take it to bits.

Oh another wee update, bought a new turbo timer as the one on it is gay. Unfortunately the ebay folk close for christmas so aint even going to send it until 4th Jan, cunts. Teach me for not reading the advert properly!