Cat's Ep82 Starbo Thread - Now Forged & Sequential!

hi evaded

i spoke with this owner previously he returned info that lead me back to co site http://www.ikeya-f.co.jp/en/index.html i under stand that the co mod 1of their existing units to suit the starlet .

from this owner i believe he acquired this unit in a group buy they are apparently expensive (unconfirmed )

sorry for jumping on your thread but i hope this is what you wanted

lyle

Thanks mate I figured it may of been the ikeya-f kit was really after pricing. Shall send ikeya an email and hopefully they don't have any dramas with the english side of things.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very minor update for today.

Bought a new boot lid for the gt, thanks to mark from CMB autos, the boot is to follow, as swapping to a mk2 one, just prefer the look of them more:

DSCF0125.jpg

Also removed the plastic piping for the hearer to the rear seats:

DSCF0122.jpg

DSCF0121.jpg

And lastly added some stickers, I have ALOT more stickers, but I'm only putting on ones that have had a major involvement in the car as a thank you and to show my support for them:

DSCF0123.jpg

DSCF0124.jpg

This was done a few weeks ago but forgot to update this lol

Another wee update for today.

Been busy the last week making up some clear indicators. Things didn't go that smoothly to start with as I got irritated doing it so ended up cracking one of the clear lenses I had.

So I had to buy another set, which means I now have 3 sets of front indicators, 1 orange plastic set, one clear set with the orange buts still in it and one set of properly clear ones! I will probably make the second set clear and keep them as spares. Also this was one of the mods I've wanted to do for a bit but no one ever seems to be selling a proper clear set so had to do it myself!

Indicator before installed:

DSCF0154.jpg

DSCF0155.jpg

Original orange plastic ones on:

DSCF0156.jpg

New ones on and looking all nice:

DSCF0157.jpg

DSCF0159.jpg

• 3 months later...

While I was ordering stuff from camskill I thought may as well order some other maintenance parts to save a wee bit on the carriage costs, so ordered lower ball joints for the fronts as well as both front wheel barings and some oil filters:

DSCF0161.jpg

While I was away, I received the new front bushes for the wishbones that I had bought from Toyota, since Dave unfortunately only had one side available to buy, just my luck! So I had to buy 2 new ones from Toyota, which wasn't the cheapest way but if it needs it it gets it.

Set about hacking up the standard bushes and replacing them with teh anti lift kit I bought from Dave ages ago and also fitted the fronts today, which was nice and easy.:

DSCF0198.jpg

DSCF0199.jpg

DSCF0200.jpg

So far, most of the parts have finally arrived. Although due to changing setup, I am awaiting more parts now :thumbsup: And for the buyer of the other setup to come up with the money as well.

Although the parts that have arrived are:

Front ARB & drop links

255 Fuel pump

Ball joints

Track rod ends

Steering rack arms

CV joint gators

AEM Boost controler and gauge

AEM Wideband gauge and probe

Ulra racing rear anti roll bar and links

New front mount intercooler

Although I am still awaiting new mani, screamer pipe, decat and external wastegate.

Few pics of stuff that have came to me, while some has went straight to Mark who has my car:

DSCF0216.jpg

DSCF0224.jpg

DSCF0223.jpg

DSCF0219.jpg

DSCF0220.jpg

DSCF0221.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Few more parts have arrived recently:

New wastegate:

DSCF0225.jpg

DSCF0226.jpg

New radiator:

DSCF0228.jpg

Also bought a greddy emanage ultimate fron Nick from Tuning Developments. Also I will be traveling down to him sometime in December for him to fit and map the bad boy as well.

Still waiting on parts from Wepr though, and the new gaskets and a few other parts.

more parts arrived while I was offshore :):

DSCF0229.jpg

Wepr mild steel td04 mani:

DSCF0230.jpg

HKS ssqv, limited edition apparently:

DSCF0232.jpg

Wepr decat:

DSCF0233.jpg

Wepr screamer and new gasket from Enzo:

DSCF0234.jpg

At first look, the wepr kit looks awesome, very clean looking welds and the mani is nice and heavy so should be pretty good to take the abuse.

So hopefully will have all bits together soon and the car running! Maybe . . .

Thanks for kind words lads.

Getting a mate to fit all the junk, I would have prefered to do it myself but I don't have the time, and some of the stuff I would have needed a garage to fit so gave it to him to fit at his garage. But hopefully real soon as I need to get down to manchester for my emanage ultimate to be fitted and mapped.

Although the bill for the car and bits is up around 16 grand or something like that, I could have cut that by half easily if I had used second hand parts, but I don't like buying second hand unless I must. To many untrust worthy sellers out there for my liking really.

But this is hopefully the last car I go to this extent with, and it only seems alot due to only having the car since end February or something like that.

• 3 weeks later...