Will A Glanza S, Inlet Manifold Fit Onto A Glanza Turbo ? Help Help ..

hello there i've got a glanza s inlet manifold for my glanza turbo is i poss to fit this to my car, to me eveything looks fine .however there is one sensor on my original setup, which is "next" to the vachume pipe for the dump valve,

Where as, on the glanza S inlet manifold, this sensor is none existant..therefore would that mean the simple fitting of my sensor to the body of the new minifold ??

if anyone out there has any expierience of this.... any help would be much appreciated

my mate said that lol i dont know realy i got it cheep from a scrap yard and thort i would have a go at fitting it if poss dont know what the gaines will be or if any at all but some ones got to give it ago lol

I can understand what youse are saying but everything on the glanza turbo has been restricted even down to the efi pipe the manifold the crap actuator the 1st and 2nd gear boost restricsion the crap ecu cant do nothing with it toyota designed the starlet turbo so you can by it keep it standerd or just rip every thing off the engine so you are left with the block lol so you can put biger things on like a turbo for a start.what i dont understand is why did toyota put the 4branch inlet mani on the glanza s and on the corrola g6 it must make something better?? as for the standerd inlet mani on the glanza turbo its just like a na starlet but with more sensor,s.Thanks everyone for your time and comments cheers mic

There is a difference thought, the first generation 4EFE's had the same manifolds as the 4EFTE, whereas the 2nd gen UK spec 4EFE's got the crappy manifold.

I've always wondered why no one uses the Glanza S/Corolla manifolds on the FTE thought, I can't see it being a restriction?

There's a big difference between tuning an na and tuning a turbo'd car, the long runners on the glanza s inlet don't suit a turbo'd car, I'm sure there's been a few discussions on it before and simply the standard 4efte inlet is better for the turbo, it doesn't pose any restriction until over 300bhp either.

As for the other comments all the parts work as they're intended to on a standard car-

The turbo inlet/efi pipe is only restrictive when tuning, if it was opened up more it would probably result in a loss of response as air flows faster through a small orifice. This also applies to the exhaust manifold.

The actuator isn't crap, it holds boost fine when new and at the standard levels.

The boost restriction is there for a reason - to aid traction, which it does.

The GT/Glanza was powerfull enough at its time and toyota didn't need to risk its reliability by tuning it more, as I said all the parts on it work as they are intended to on the stock car, not many manufacture's design a car under the intention that it will then leave the showroom and be extensively modified.

agreed with wallace

if they designed it to be restrictive when standard they did it for a reason

everything standard on the cars there for a reason because its been designed to do what they made it for if the owner wants to then go and modify it they must realise that standard parts may hack the extra power but then some standard parts may then be restrictive.

its not cause they are crap or dont work well its cause they've been designed to work well under standard parts

Ok lads i agree the standerd parts on the 4efte are good enoungh for the job but still would'nt mind trying different things that how we know how much these cars can handle on standerd internals because other people have blown them to bits lol.. turning the boost up for a start i'm sure theres someone out there that has put the glanza s inlet manifold on a glanza v, if know one has i might give it ago, if it blows it blows I've got a apexi power fc ecu so i will have a play about on the commander and see what happens cheers mickyboy

ok thanks for your comments wallace and your help you seem to know what you are talking about i dont know when to start it like i cant sleep thinking about it i mite not get any gains at all but it will be diffrent i will let youes all know when im on with it and what happend lol

• 4 years later...

Going for it... 4 year thread bump yes!

Just got hold of one for cheap and want to go down the route photoed above. Supposed to be a good setup when the plenum is extended.

Im aware the icv valve on the far left of the standard mani doesnt fit these, can i do away with this or will it not run correctly?

And is there anything else you need to do?

Thanks!