Removing Abs!

my abs isnt working, pretty sure the pumps fucked, and the wheel sensor wont go back in because I've snapped the bolt..

so, im planning on removing it all together.

if i leave it with the sensors out, but leave the pump in, even though it doesnt work will it fail the MOT????

or do i need to get it repaired, or totally removed to pass an MOT???

any help would be good, cheers.

keep it on it will save your life one day,,

ooooooor take it off and it will save you money lol

Have you actually used the Starlet ABS?

My advice is remove it, you're better off without it as it's shocking.

Have to say, when i had the ABS on 'Sweep' She was pretty damned fine.... but, i used aftermarket parts which i have read up on here afterwards that its made it not work.. however, i will be upgrading my brakes soon-ish.. and will be doing everythin possible to get ABS back workin again... it is a good thing to have.. esspecially as winter will be comming this year, as well as any other year... ya know?;)

CK

I also want to know how to remove the ABS

Mine doesnt work so Im thinking about getting the HiSpec 4 pots and ditching the ABS

What would I need to remove/replace altogther?

My ABS pump is buggered too, works half the time. Lucky for me the light wasnt on when I went for an MOT lol.

Although saying that, I could've prob got away with it, as I turned up and left my engine running and they just took it straight in, so they wouldnt have even checked the lights came on when they turned the key lmao

i would get it repaired to be honest mate, just think if you take your car on a track oneday... yes

or if you lose concentration and a car has stopped in from of you....

ABS - lets say you got a 90% chance in stopping in time unless you realise to late

Without ABS - Lets say 90% chance of sliding into the back of someone

So not only will it possibly save your life, but your no claims bonus aswell !!! lol!

• 1 month later...
i would get it repaired to be honest mate, just think if you take your car on a track oneday... yes

or if you lose concentration and a car has stopped in from of you....

ABS - lets say you got a 90% chance in stopping in time unless you realise to late

Without ABS - Lets say 90% chance of sliding into the back of someone

So not only will it possibly save your life, but your no claims bonus aswell !!! lol!

ABS is a load of shite in starlets. literally every starlet ive been in with abs is a death trap when you need to stamp on the brakes.

Either whip the ABS fuse out and replace if for mot time, or pull the entire system out.Only reason ive not ripped it all out yet is because im being lazy, pulling a fuse is alot easier :)

Id never track a car with ABS.

• 3 months later...
ABS is a load of shite in starlets. literally every starlet ive been in with abs is a death trap when you need to stamp on the brakes.

Either whip the ABS fuse out and replace if for mot time, or pull the entire system out.Only reason ive not ripped it all out yet is because im being lazy, pulling a fuse is alot easier :thumbsup:

Id never track a car with ABS.

:)

Too right right there matey!! Mine dug me hlfway under a the back of a freelander before i stopped!! That was going at walking pace so Id hate to stamp on the anchors going at speed!

Is there a kit to support the removal or is there ne advice?

i cant see any benefits to taking abs out if its working correctly.. its impossible to pump a brake pedal at the speed an abs system can... meaning you would skid like a biatch

as damien said mate, the abs is shit on them, if you take the abs out it feels and works soooo much better, the abs IS a danger and is totally wank

as damien said mate, the abs is shit on them, if you take the abs out it feels and works soooo much better, the abs IS a danger and is totally wank

:angry2: oo well i hope mines not wank because i dont like idea of wheels locking up if i ever have to break hard... (havent really drove my new v yet because insurance hasnt run out on old car yet)

but i had a lightweight version glanza last year with no abs and it was shocking under harsh breaking.. locked up very easily :angry2:

This is one of the things i worry about with my Project, acceleration of a fighter jet on speed, in a car that is lighter than a small wedge of cheese and no ABS, powersteering or anything :angry2: