Jae Thatchers Cider Group Buy

Anyone who went to JAE last year will know Harrison and anyone who goes to JAE this year is bound to know him by the end of it

Anyway the man has decided use his connections in farmerland to get some good cider for consumption and bring the country love to JAE

So,

Thatchers Traditional Cider

Based on an original 1904 recipe, Thatchers Traditional is a hazy, unfiltered and uncarbonated cider, but has a natural, subtle sparkle.

Produced from a blend of English, home-grown bittersweet apples, it will appeal to those who enjoy real Somerset cider at its very best.

6.0% vol (The longer you leave it the stronger it gets until its only good for cooking)

5 litre Drum

ONLY £10

Which works out £1.13 a pint :unsure:

*Please contact Thatchers for further information on draught ciders*

Thatchers Website

Charge covers top quality cider perfect for such events as well as your 5l drum's transportation to JAE

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

Bank transfer or paypal excepted, Payment in advance only.

Drink Aware :p

Also for any mods reading thought Id throw this in the JAE section as oppose to for sale as its more likely to be spotted by JAE goers than in the for sale section.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as above boys, let me know what you want and i'll sort it all out. Can't go wrong at £1.13 a pint, and as you all only, one drum each kept me and rick absolutely smashed for the entire 3 days. ^^; one drum would have done the both of us, but we're cider pricks.

i would also swap drums for pies etc, if you have delicious girlfriends/wives. by all means send me a pm to discuss ^;

In addition, if there's anything else you want, such as:-

Thatchers Katy - Fine single variety cider, in bottles, 7.5%

Thatchers Gold - Classic vintage cider, not as sweet as katy, much more drinkable, much cheaper, see thathers cider website for details

just let me know. i can get anything thats available from thatchers/butcombe/gem ales etc, basically any local somerset brewery, and would happily sort it all out for JAE. :unsure:

I hope you have a licence to sell alcohol and will not be supplying it to under 18's. Seriously illegal what you are doing.

What you need to do is sell raffle tickets that entitle the buyer to a free pint, with a first prize in the raffle of a pint. Gets round the law. Just thinking of you incase something bad happens and this is a public forum.

aint selling, i am merely the transport. it'll be going in the ek9, so i'll be about 3 weeks late as it has zero torque, and 5l of cider isn't light.

if people want to go to the factory and buy it themselves, thats fine, but i imagine it'll cost a bit more in fuel if you live anymore than 10miles away from there ^^;

also, katy is fine bill. how many you want? 12 bottles? i may have to share it out amongst the other cars as im not sure i'll be able to fit it all in the car. it'll prob end up in the jesus taxi.

mate, just transport it in the vast nuclear wasteland that is jesus boot.

there are unknown civilisations in there somewhere its so big.

im sure he could have lots of cider carrying duties.

also harry, usual for us.

drum of thatch and some katy to wash down our delicious steaks.

i'll pop down next week during lunch and check the prices of the case of 12, they're usually about £1.75-£2 a bottle, so base that on your calculations. Prob be about £25-30 for a case of 12, give or take. I'll check for sure though and confirm for everyone, as thats gonna be the most obvious choice, as katy is delicious.

if you want them, let me know mate, i aint going back and forth getting quotes for various different combinations. if you want 12 of each, i'll get em, if you want 6 of each, i'll get em, the difference between buying em in 12 or 6 is prob a few quid at the most.

it wasn't supposed to be a complex process, i'll just be buying cider for those that want it. job done.

the only one that can is bill, however he will be in bed by about 4pm every day, quite easily.

anyone else, well, it's gonna be messy. probably like that scottish bloke from last year - an absolutely ruined disgrace, but funny.

me and rick got ruined on ONE drum of med-sweet, as we shared it. you'll be taking the gold home, i promise you. if you can drink both then you have problems, it'll be fun though :thumbsup:

gold is good, i'll see how much the trays are, think the come in 12's and 24's.

ohh my god!! there are going to be some seriously rat arsed people at JAE arent there lol

well, it's JAE innit.

Harry, I'll wake up about 9am, do half a drum and 6 katy's and then head back to bed for around 11:30am.

Alright guys, i've checked prices of gold (as i've just bought 24 for V-fest this weekend ^^:p, and the prices are as follows:-

The thatchers gold cases consist of 24 cans, for about £28, or alternatively it's about £1.30 a can (bought in packs of 4), so about 5quid for 4 cans, give or take. They're 500ml cans, so bare that in mind.

can buy as many or as few as you want, in multiples of 4. just let me know what you need. i'll ask for a few quid for transporting it ofcourse, as im going to have alot of bloody cider, this is just to pay for petrol (honda's dont have any torque, so it'll be very noticable ^^:D.

just let me know what you need boys and i'll get it sorted. Katy i forgot to look at, it's prob about £1.65 for the large'ish bottles though (500ml, think the 750ml ones are slightly more obv), they also do fucking loads of other stuff. Vintage/Traditional in 2L bottles, plastic or glass, all the single varieties. they list most of it on their website, there's shed loads on there.

pm me boys, or email, or text me, or catch me on msn, so i can start creating a spreadsheet list of what people want. can pay beforehand or at jae in cash, i dont care. :thumbsup: