Meguiars Quick Clay

i washed the car after work and dried it off and thought it was looking mint, beautiful shine no dirt in sight.......... however.... i parked the car in the garage flicked all the lights on so its really bright, and work began.

I used the quick Clay on the bonnet and gave it a good scrub with this stuff, and OH MY GOD!! the car was fooookin filthy, it really does pull the dirt out of the paint and was well worth the money...

the car now feels real smooth and brings out the blue/silver really really well, and because I've got carbon spoilers, scoop and carbon front wings i used it on those bits aswell and really does produce outstanding shine on the carbon...

after doing the quick clay i used Next Gen meguiars polish and really works well.

You really have got to treat your starlets with this stuff and you wont be dissapointed.

brilliant stuff :)

claying really gives your car a propper deap cleaning, pulling the dirt out. Cars that look clean turn out to have a whole other level of clean.

@ iamlegend

Because you get to really clean the paint this way that same paint is much better accesible for polishing, conditioning and waxing. Meaning it restores the paint much better, brings out the colours much better and is sealed much better.

Oh dear lord, i sound like a Meg's spokesman....

But seriously, claying truly rocks!!!

That rolla looks great!

NXT 2.0 is propper stuff, certainly on well looked after metallic paints.

I must say for non-metallic paint i strongly advice the Gold Class line, it works ten times better then the NXT line up.

I have both and worked on metallic and non-metallic cars, nonmetallic red cars seem to react much better to Gold Class line up.

I have used the clay system several times before on different cars and it works a treat.

I use a wax called Collinite Auto wax after its been clayed, its not expensive wax. Roughly £15-20 a tin but my god does it make the paintwork shine. And i have never felt paintwork so smooth after using this stuff. You won't believe how smooth it makes the paint :(:):( Highly recommend the stuff!

Jason

mate, collinite is the shit yo

me and bill swear by it!

Good stuff ain't it. I can't believe how good the stuff is considering how cheap it is, i highly recommend the stuff, if anybody ain't got some, GET SOME!!!!! simple as! :)

Good stuff ain't it. I can't believe how good the stuff is considering how cheap it is, i highly recommend the stuff, if anybody ain't got some, GET SOME!!!!! simple as! :)

It's awesome stuff, I just got through my first tin but I've done at least 3 layers on probably about 10 cars and that was me being generous with application too.

It feels great, looks great but as Rick stated, it lasts so much longer than any other waxes I've used. I put 3 layers on about 6 months ago, topped it up with 1 layer around 3 months ago and when washed it still beads like it did.

Highly recommended.

so basically,

wash the car

use the clay bar

then car polish ??

i am defently going to be doing this :)

id recommend you either get someone whos done it before or read a guide how to do it.

if you dont clay the car properly or do it wrong, you can seriously fudge your paintwork up.

improper claying can leave really deep scratches in the paintwork.

cool im sure i looked in halfords before but maybe it was just this particular store :)

Sounds about right for Halfords to be honest.

Try a local motorfactors, I got mine there the first time I used it, cost me about £5 less than Halfords wanted too.