Toyota The Cheating Gits!

As you all own Toyotaâ??s I thought it would be good to warn you about the following. Im not sure whether itâ??s the company trying to stay afloat due to the credit crunch, or greedy mechanics lining their pockets.

My mum has a Toyota Yaris. She bought it from an independent garage 3 years ago. Itâ??s tip top and in very good condition with low mileage. My mum does about 3000 miles a year too. My dad has always got his Toyotaâ??s serviced at Toyota and said my mum should do the same. She bought a deal where she got 3 years servicing so many pounds (not sure how much).

This year was the last one in the deal. She dropped the car off at Toyota in Bury, Manchester and went shopping for the day. She got a call later on from them with a cheeky prick of a mechanic saying I hope your sitting down bla bla bla. He said the car need just under £1000 worth of work doing to it !!!!!!! He mentioned a few things to her that needed doing but being my mum she didnâ??t have a clue what he was talking about. One thing she did hear was the clutch was desperate for a change and needed a new £600 clutch (whether it was a racing clutch and fly wheel set they were fitting im yet to find out) but the dick then said we could probably leave that for today and dropped the price around £400 (maths wasnâ??t a strong point clearly £600 clutch suddenly a £400 one :) ). Also the water pump wasnâ??t working and it urgently needed replacing. The little tit also said a bulb is only £2.50 do you know what a bulb is on a car????? PRICK!! He ended by saying the car wouldnâ??t make it home.

Worried she was as you can imagine. She rang me, I was at work so I couldnâ??t answer so my gran suggested the local garage she had been going to all her driving life. She picked the â??crippledâ? Yaris from Toyota and drove it 3 miles to the garage. She left the car there overnight and picked it up at the end of the following day.

Now�.The car was with them the whole day, 5 experienced mechanics did various tests, took parts of the engine apart, checked the clutch, water pump and the various other things mentioned by Toyota and found��.NOTHING!!!!! Absolutely NOTHING. My mum was more shocked than when Toyota told her is was just under £1k. The car even had an MOT and it passed with no warnings or advisories.

This is pretty disgusting for any company to do this but to do this now especially when people are short of money is shocking. Imagine if my mum had paid it and imagine all the others that have probably been done over by this little trick. There was apparently another man there who had been hit by a similar problem and he wasnâ??t very happy either.

My mum has contacted trading standards over this, and will be contacting Toyota themselves. I donâ??t know what she will get out of it but she isnâ??t the sort of person to let this go easily. She has all the names who did the checks and servicing at Toyota as well.

So if you do go to Toyota in the near future I would be very carful and I would especially avoid the one I have mentioned :).

Bourkey

We had a very similar problem with my girlfriends yaris (before she wrote it off :) ).

Was still under warranty and they said she needed new water pump seals and this was not part of the warranty. Tried getting her to pay for it. I went down there and kicked off a good un'. Said that if it was still in waranty then they should pay for it. And what is a 3 year old car doing with the seals failing.

Don't think they liked me going ape sh!t in front of potential customers so they quickly agreed :)

Sarah is the sort of person that would have just paid for it though, she only mentioned it to me as a passing comment. She's glad she did now as they wanted to charge stupid money for labour for a 49p part!

Jason :D

Guest cheshireglanza

vauxhall are up to the same thing girlfriend went to vauxhall garage to get mot test, failed on spring smashed they tried to tell her springs can only be bought in set off 4 so she phones me to which i no i can pick up the one spring it needs on its own so i call garage to tell them not to fit anything cause my local garage will just change one to which they say they will see what they can do,half hour later vauxhall phone back to tell me car is ready to pick up and they only changed one spring :)

Fair enough it's the credit crunch and they need to make money but if companies keep fucking around with the most important part of their business, the customer, then it will back fire.

@ Jay - It's my parents, they aren't as under the bonnet as me so they have always got the servicing done properly :).

Bourkey

i always think toyota are expensive anyway for parts i always get a quote from them when i need something and its always atleast %20 more than somewhere like tm-d or toy tuning when i used them a while ago but still pretty sickening a toyota garage woud try skanking there customers

name and shame bourkey as geo said

more the mechanics than anythin. wouldnt put it past the managers either because they will have to meet targets. think the big bosses should get on top of things.

This is the reason i stopped goin to garages . Every one i go to round here someone has said oh there sketchy etc etc so i gave up. hopefully they have to pay out and someone gets the sack.

Well the address for the Dealership/Service centre is

7 Bolton St

Bury, BL9 0EY

I will get the names and I will check with my mum if it is ok to put the names down of the people who are down on all her paperwork as she is the one taking action against them :).

Bourkey

Ive had 3 different Toyotas and Ive never taken any of them to Toyota for servicing, complete rip off on the price plus most of them wouldn't have a clue what the car was anyway.

I went to my local Mr.T a few weeks ago, spoke to some guy off the parts department to get a price for the little plastic clip that holds the bonnet stay down, he asked me what model it was and I said its a "ST205" and he said "what? wrong dealership mate, you want Peugeot across the road" :)

thats a good point actually it aint the mechanics trying to earn the money either cause when you pay you pay at the service desk lol you dont go round the back doors and hand the mechanics a wod of notes

as I've found mostly nowadays its the guys in the shirts and ties that skank you not the ones in overalls lol

Firstly, I didn't say who it was or make out i knew what happened behind the scenes i just took two shots in the dark at what i thought it may be. I couldn't care what position the little prick was that was on the phone, if it was the boss of the entire company or the joey of the dealership. You weren't there and neither was i so, from what you said, it is a good probability it wasn't a mechanic but doubtful it's 100% as i've seen them on the phone at the desk to customers on earlier occasions. Whoever it was said the car wouldn't make it home. Not exaggerating that is what the guy actually said down the phone.

Secondly, Someone was obviously behind this and it is pretty clear my mum isn't the first and they should be held accountable. I believe a boss should be as he/she should know what his/her staff are up to. Whoever was on the phone is a cheeky little prick that needs an estate exhaust ramming down their throat and the boss should be in the job centre for letting his/her staff do that.

Bourkey

that is naughty off them, toyota ipswich has hurrendous service the people there are so unhelpful and really well rude, we contacted toyota about it but i dont think anything was done, theres a guy in parts though who is really helpful lots of garages will do this though when my starlet went in they said loads of stuff was wrong wheel bearings, wish bone drive shaft got another mechanic to check it over he said there was owt wrong think its just better to shop around and get more than one opinion PS as i learnt with WRC get everything in writting then when you go to ie trading standards or a small claims court you get a result easy and quickly :)

Well i think maybe a dodgy mechanic got a new job at toyota and is still just stuck on his old ways...

i bet hes a honda mechanic.

Honda Hater :).

Usually you don't hear anything about japanese car dealers doing this. Yes they are pricey as they always are as they are realiable cars. But it's usually the other companies you hear more of. Guess they are just desperate for a bit of money now. Whoever does it though is very in the wrong whatever the company. Whether they are the boss or not they know what they are doing and it's punishing the people who buy their cars.

Bourkey

It shocking a big name garage like Toyota would try it though..you'd expected it more from a dodgey back street garage.

What I thought but times are hard :)

I find it disgusting, one reason why I do all the work myself. If anyone ever tried ripping me off I would just make them look like a twat :)

i get this a lot, get angry customers wanting to speak to me after servicing there cars, all i do is something like note a fault weather its minor or major it gets esculated by reception or back office staff, mechanics genrally dont talk to custmers unless its a face to face conversation as time on the phone is time wasted. in your case could have been a mechanic that drives loads of yaris's and has loads of experience of them.. have you considered that maybe he belives that your mums car has a high biting point on the clutch or something like that, unless you can see a written report by the mechanic you wont know whats been esculated and what has genuine meaning behind it, have you got the mechanic to demonstrate the faults to you? you are within your rights to ask the guy what he means and as i say i get it a lot and am more than happy to show customers how rubbish there 09 vauxhall is

As much as i would love to i have spoken to my mum and they refused to give her the sheet. She asked for it to show what was wrong they whipped it out of the small amount of paperwork they gave her and hurried it through a door. Clearly had something to hide.

I have driven (one handed lol) the car recently in a back alley to put it in my back yard and the clutch was normal and didn't sound funny at all. There was no odd noises coming from the engine and it seemed to tick over fairly quietly. From what i have found out i now can't really see it being a mechanic. I could be wrong as it still could have been one, but there was clearly nothing wrong with the car and someone has decided it would be a good idea to rip off a woman on her own who just about knows where the steering wheel is on the car.

I personally don't use garages at all and i've always advised to steer clear of dealers due to the cost. They are good but unfortunately pricey. But it just seems they are now desperate for money to do this after my parents have been using them for so long with no problems.

Bourkey