your still able to do this... the only thing you will basicly have to do is take it to a garage so they can check it out and say its all ok.

they are trying to stop the people that think they know how to do it there self but dont... then sell the car to someone who thinks its a good job.. for them to have a serious accident in the car..

Pro's

-------

basicly safer for a person buying a converted car.

means someone looks over your work incase you have missed anything

more work for people. (less chance of unemployment)

Con's

-------

you could have a dodgy mechanic that would say oh it needs this and this and this..

to rob you blind

more than likely more folk will do conversions on the dodgy!

gona be harder to sell a converted car without a mechanics approval slip

possibly a new scheme to get more money out your wallet.

to be honest i think this is a good idea.. as i wouldnt like to buy a engine conversion that was done on the cheap or unsafe.

will see how it goes this year anyway!

Guys, i have been told not to worry about this!

The guy that wrote it is talking bollox! I posted this on the buggy forum im a member of and they confirmed that this has been talked about a LOT. Basically the guy looked on the net for 5 minutes and didn't research the topic. He then wrote the article and ahs made alot of people upset!

Apparently he is getting confussed with the introduction of the IVA for kitcar builds, a manual that i have begun reading and is HUGE :thumbsup: Anyway, for my build i have to prove where my engine has come from with a V5c from the donor car, plus photo's of the car, plus photo's of me taking the engine out etc etc

I wouldn't worry about this at all until there is more proof, which im sure nothing will come of :)

Jason

• 2 weeks later...