Halfords Professional Tools

What do people think about the Halfords Professional Tool range? Anyone got them? any good? as they have a sale on at the moment for the 150 piece set for £100 which i though was pretty good considering snap on make the halfords range? Is this true?

Comments please

Thanks

Ryan

What do people think about the Halfords Professional Tool range? Anyone got them? any good? as they have a sale on at the moment for the 150 piece set for £100 which i though was pretty good considering snap on make the halfords range? Is this true?

Comments please

Thanks

Ryan

Halfords are sound mate I've had my tool sockets for 2years now and had no problems

also they are made by snap on make sure you dont get them cheep one in the red box just the one,s in the black box :)

sory I've just read the rest of your thread lol i think mine is the 150pice set and it has done

every job I've had to do on my car cluch manifold discs and its been sound and i also think you get 1years warranty

If Snap On do make halfords tools they don't make them at the same place.

I've got some Halfords tools and they don't share anything with Snap On in my opinion apart from the warranty. Its annoying when they break but at least they are free to get replaced, If your using them all the time, you need 2 of everything, if there for DIY then the great.

Snap On tools break far less frequently and never break unless your using them wrong. I.e. 3/8ths sockets on impact guns.

I've got a Snap On breaker bar thats over 20 years old, i've had 6 foot of scaffolding tube on it and jumped on it and it didn't break. (it flexed a massive amount though)

But of cause there twice the cost and harder for the average person to get replaced.

I got the red box one, im not a mechanic (yet) but they did well for most things on the car when I stripped it. Obviously for tight bolts and things the bigger the handle the easier the effort - I used a bigger one from another tool set.

If Snap On do make halfords tools they don't make them at the same place.

I've got some Halfords tools and they don't share anything with Snap On in my opinion apart from the warranty. Its annoying when they break but at least they are free to get replaced, If your using them all the time, you need 2 of everything, if there for DIY then the great.

Snap On tools break far less frequently and never break unless your using them wrong. I.e. 3/8ths sockets on impact guns.

I've got a Snap On breaker bar thats over 20 years old, i've had 6 foot of scaffolding tube on it and jumped on it and it didn't break. (it flexed a massive amount though)

But of cause there twice the cost and harder for the average person to get replaced.

lol that must be halfords trying to make money lol the ones I've got have done every job I've come across on my car and never snaped one of them in 2year as long as the do the job thats all that maters :)

I get snap on tools almost all the time as they just dont compare to other brands as they are better quality and plus its looks good when you open your tool box =P

lol if only you could get tools in gold????? just imagine instead of chrome ..... gold!

lol if only you could get tools in gold????? just imagine instead of chrome ..... gold!

lmaoi was going to say something but im sick of everyone takeing me the rong way

and biteing like a shark lol in gold :)

lol that must be halfords trying to make money lol the ones I've got have done every job I've come across on my car and never snaped one of them in 2year as long as the do the job thats all that maters :(

Its things like if you use a 10mm halfords open ended spanner you can see the spanner flexy on tight bolts and they soon round nuts off. Snap On don't do this, plus they have little teeth inside on some spanners these come in handy when customers have tried to remove something with a Halfords spanner and rounded the bolt off :)

Also there sockets the teeth don't start till about 3-4mm from the edge so they aren't so good on rust bolts. (hard to explain.

I break mainly there rachet stuff, and allen key's torx on the 3/8s rachet.

Its things like if you use a 10mm halfords open ended spanner you can see the spanner flexy on tight bolts and they soon round nuts off. Snap On don't do this, plus they have little teeth inside on some spanners these come in handy when customers have tried to remove something with a Halfords spanner and rounded the bolt off :(

Also there sockets the teeth don't start till about 3-4mm from the edge so they aren't so good on rust bolts. (hard to explain.

I break mainly there rachet stuff, and allen key's torx on the 3/8s rachet.

I know what you meen mate about the flexing with the spanners but if you are doing the odd jobs and you are not useing them all the time there good enuf for the price thanks for clarifying that for me mate :)

I've just found this

<H1 class=vgtitle>Halfords Professional Tools</H1>by: conkclos.gif( 147iconTealStar_25x25.gif) s.gif4 out of 8 people found this guide helpful.Guide viewed: 1481 times Tags: Halfords | Tools | Snap On | Lifetime | Guarantee

My neighbour has the largest set of Halfords Professional Tools, lifetime guarantee !

Also apparently made by the people who supply Snap On tools, unsure of how true that is.

I have had to lend his set recently & very impressed with the actual quality of them, also not too afraid to use excess force using the tools, in the event they break return them for replacement ............ what more could you ask for !

Also much cheaper than others ................ well worth the money.

Thanks for reading my blog / guide.

Guide ID: 10000000007108560Guide created: 10/05/08 (updated 07/09/08)

so its not just me lol i would like to no more though if anyone know anything

ive got the proffesional set aswell, not broke anything on them yet, apart from the little bit that goes on the ratchet, to use the screw driver tool parts, and only broke because i was hammering it, took it back, never even got asked about it, just replaced it and back out the door. so thumbs up from me

snap on is overpriced, and the snap on guy is usually a jumped up cunt. there are better high quality tool than snap on, that are cheaper

i wouldnt say there higher quality lol snap on are famous for being one of the highest quality makers of tools ever lol but the halfords range is brilliant. I've got a few professional tools and never broke anything. but the best thing is if i do you just take it back and get a new one no questions asked