i say xbox. i argue with a few mates and the only thing they ever try and say is better is blue ray whcih i dont see the point in because it just means you have to buy a special disc that you can only watch on your ps3 unless you also buy a blue ray player. i just thing the xbox is easier to use and i like the pads better.

id say ps3 for the fact of gran turismo 5 coming out soon lol gran turismo is pure bred playstation and its going to be awesome when it comes out

ps3 gets my vote plus as you said free online play lol

Depends what you want from your console really =] ps3 is just fine for playing games single player etc, However xbox 360 absolutely run things regarding playing online =] The multiplayer interface is better in every aspect, friends/parties etc =]

I have both ps3 and xbox, my ps3 doesn't get a look in simply because i only ever play games online and everyone seems to have an xbox these days =]

Xbox 360 ftw in my opinion

I did look into it alot ages ago, a PS3 is marginly better, thats not why I got one though. Although I play it and some of the games are good, i'm never entirely convinced, they never satisfy my graphical and physics urges, and when you experience games that have those on P.C the games are another level as it enables the producer to do so much more. So to be fair, they are both pretty shit and dated, and like the above said, more people have Xbox's, and they have loads more games, PS3 is a long wait before something good comes out. So it don't matter which. What they do have is a good social aspect if people are round. Thats about it for me lol.

xbox cheaper, online only 3.60 a month and fonza 3, halo,ect not worth paying that extra for a ps3 when the best tv on the market cant support the best defenition. where as a 1080p tv is perfect for xbox :)

i have a PS3 as im all for Gran Turismo always have been since the very first 1 on the PS1,

but im looking for an Xbox at the minute as i want Forza 3 to be honest i wouldn't say which one is better i think it's best to have both !! haha

But i wont be happy about having to pay for online but hey

I have an Xbox and its not bad, i have never really been into PS3's. My bro has one and its not bad to be honest, i feel there are more games on the xbox and i have one becasue most of my mates have on as well so sought of had to follow suit i guess.

One thing i do hate about the xbox is that its made by Bill Gates and micrososft never test anything properly. They release it onto the market and let the general public to test it until it needs an update and then they keep releasing new updates all the time! Plus my xbox has now got the dreaded ring of death and is getting sent off to be repaired. Bloody microsoft!!!!!