Glanza Vs Corsa Vxr ?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried playing with a corsa vxr yesterday but they turn off the road just as got to them but my bro has a astra vxr 55plate its pritty quick but i think i'd give him a run for his money in the dry as with the auto it just spinz the wheels in the wet.

lol 225 td04. but its a local one and beffor i had the work done on my car he couldent pass me naw i just leave him haha

i work for vauxhall and nearly every guy at my work actually into cars would say the corsa is the better of the two. astra's are over rated they handle like bags of shit, while a corsa is alot better and supposedly the most tuneable of the vxr range. but like people say, time you've spent 15 grand a guy in a glanza who's spent 6k would whip them :)

^^it depends i was lucky i got mine cheap and had a lot off help getting it fited its not a massive job if you have all the correct stuff!!! but with the new ecu fited and set up ect and finall tune ive spent like 1500 maybe more

im runing 200bhp on ct9 and i can wup my mates astra vxr to a 130mph then he starts takeing me at top end also my mates astre coupe turbo with the vxr turbo on it and injectors its runing 280bhp with srage 2 courtenay sport remap and i kill him aswell to 130mph but i must say them z20let go like fuck but i will always love thr c20let redtop turbo with the costcast head :)

im runing 200bhp on ct9 and i can wup my mates astra vxr to a 130mph then he starts takeing me at top end also my mates astre coupe turbo with the vxr turbo on it and injectors its runing 280bhp with srage 2 courtenay sport remap and i kill him aswell to 130mph but i must say them z20let go like fuck but i will always love thr c20let redtop turbo with the costcast head :)

this time next year i want to run 200bhp dont want to be takin it to far what you got done to yours ??? i think i got a real good glanza like its been reg services and some one has taken care of it because its rapid standered

this time next year i want to run 200bhp dont want to be takin it to far what you got done to yours ??? i think i got a real good glanza like its been reg services and some one has taken care of it because its rapid standered

i would go for ct9 at 1 bar. great response and great speed. just get an emanage blue and mani and decat and someone to map and your there...

corsa vxrs are diff though its a corsa D which is begger and heavyer, and its only the 1.6 turbo 165bhp if i remember rightly so heavyer and less powerfull

mate of mine had a c20let in a corsa C and it ran a 13 flat on pod

on road tyres

corsa vxrs are good for a new hot hatch to be honest a remember having a play with one on donnington for donnyshow i was ct9 at 0.6bar at the time (few mods like cooler exhaust etc)

i caught up with him got passed him after 1/4 lap or so then pulled away quite quickly, still not bad for a 2009 hot hatch

I'd fancy my chances against a corsa vxr, No idea how they respond to mods though.

Had a very short play with a tuned astra vxr that sounded the nuts though, he was about 2 cars ahead by the end of 2nd (60mph). My glanza was pretty standard then with a heavy twin sub box. Anyone pushing 180/200 bhp would do well upto a tonne i reckon.

corsa vxrs are diff though its a corsa D which is begger and heavyer, and its only the 1.6 turbo 165bhp if i remember rightly so heavyer and less powerfull

192 mate, there not shabby, but a mildly tuned starlet wont have any trouble

a guy i know had 1, my starlet was basically standard bar an cat back apexi sytem and decat at standard boost (without derestricting 1st and second) and the corsa was a bit quicker but ther wasnt much in it.

as said a mildy tuned starlet would have 1 easy

I've drivin both corsa and astra vxr's and id have the astra. its a bit of an animal though