• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds the bollock

did you mean bollock??? as opposed to one bollock lmao

im a fan of the vibe stuff seriously people if your worring about weight and that in your car look at their light air range i ll post some pics later, i put some of their 6" speakers on my parcel shelf and their so light :)

and the amp its all :)

did you mean bollock??? as opposed to one bollock lmao

im a fan of the vibe stuff seriously people if your worring about weight and that in your car look at their light air range i ll post some pics later, i put some of their 6" speakers on my parcel shelf and their so light :)

and the amp its all :)

did you mean bollocks??? lol you dun the same lol

6x9's AND A sub?

Sorry but thats the worst thing you could do. Either just have 6x9's or just a sub, both will sound shockingly cr*p.

How the sub in the boot sends the base out, the 6x9s in the front to put more treble and some bass sounds well good together!!

explain

because i can assure you there's nothing "shockingly crap" about the sound in my car.

Phil.

I always thought if you have both, as soon as you turn up to a certain volume the 6x9's would just just "bass out" if you know what i mean and sound shit, is this not true then?? :)

not in my car anyway mate no.

my system goes louder than i can tolerate lol!!!! which is saying somethin as I've been front and centre for metallica gigs!!!! mine goes so loud it has a self protect mode lol!

there's no way my front components would put out enough treble for me to hear anything above the sub.

in sayin that however, i have my sub turned right down, the bass not too biased, i have the loudness turned off, and i have the head unit on a rock setting, NOT the Xplod setting. before i did this the sub was making the car shake like hell when i went for loud volumes, but with it all turned down a bit, i can crank the volume up a fair whack to hear all the guitar parts, and there is enough bass to make the person beside me look at me funny! so i get to hear it all without the bass shakin the car to bits!

Phil.

6x9's AND A sub?

Sorry but thats the worst thing you could do. Either just have 6x9's or just a sub, both will sound shockingly cr*p.

what are you on? :/

Sub - Bass low end sound

6x9's - Mid sound

Tweekers - high end

Chavs have a horid habit of setting up amps/head units wrong.

Headunit should be set to a nice level sound, as thats just the output signal NO EXTRA BASS! THe sub can handle itself, it'll do ALL the bass. 6x9's should be coming from the head unit, and running all you're mid, they shouldn't have any bass really, nor much high end. The tweekers should be setup just for high end, so mostly vocals or high pitch sound. A low pas filter for the sub, and hi-pas filters for high speakers.

Having all 3 would give you the best sound in you're car.

having one missing, is actually having shit sound in you're car if you ask me!

what are you on? :/

Sub - Bass low end sound

6x9's - Mid sound

Tweekers - high end

Chavs have a horid habit of setting up amps/head units wrong.

Headunit should be set to a nice level sound, as thats just the output signal NO EXTRA BASS! THe sub can handle itself, it'll do ALL the bass. 6x9's should be coming from the head unit, and running all you're mid, they shouldn't have any bass really, nor much high end. The tweekers should be setup just for high end, so mostly vocals or high pitch sound. A low pas filter for the sub, and hi-pas filters for high speakers.

Having all 3 would give you the best sound in you're car.

having one missing, is actually having shit sound in you're car if you ask me!

Perfect explanation mate.

Most people make the mistake of wiring their 6x9's up to the same amp as the sub, This results in the 6x9's sounding shit when they turn up the gain on the amp when there trying to increase the bass on the sub.

Right firstly phil you dont need to worry, yours will sound fine.

When we are talking about not running a sub and 6x9s we mean having the 6x9s on the parcel shelf. Anyone who actually understands how 6x9s work will understand why.

The sub uses its enclosure plus the air in your boot to make its bass (hence why they sound toss when the boot is open.

The 6x9 on the parcel shelf also uses the boot as a bit on an enclosure to produce its sound. Sou you have both the sub and speakers fighting to use the air in the boot, still following? With the sub being more powerful it wins the battle and upsets the running of the speakers, resulting the the speakers bass/mid sounding awful (and you may thing they sound great but in the interest in sound quality they wont).

That make more sense?

And sorry kevxxxx you are wrong!!! for a decent sounding set up you should run NO speakers off the head unit. You should have 2 amps, one monoblock for the sub, one 4 channel to cover your speakers!

I currently have a nice crisp setup, i have 2 different headunits both pioneer, currently using the 6900IB but also have p80-mp,

For the front I am using Alpine Type X 17 Pro's components And also alpine Type R coax with custom door build to blend in.

In the boot I have 2 Alpine 12 inch Type X subs and have 2 12inch alpine type R's as back up as they sound very good.

For the amps i again have alpine, for the speakers currently using alpine PDX 4.100 and for the subs i have 2 alpine pdx 1.1000.

To power up this lot i have a yellow top battery and 2 1farad power caps. :lol:

The type X subs really kills the car and if playing music whilst you drive the pedals vibrate like jelly!!!

On a daily basis i change them to my type Rs which have more spl for my taste.

best2.jpg

I currently have a nice crisp setup, i have 2 different headunits both pioneer, currently using the 6900IB but also have p80-mp,

For the front I am using Alpine Type X 17 Pro's components And also alpine Type R coax with custom door build to blend in.

In the boot I have 2 Alpine 12 inch Type X subs and have 2 12inch alpine type R's as back up as they sound very good.

For the amps i again have alpine, for the speakers currently using alpine PDX 4.100 and for the subs i have 2 alpine pdx 1.1000.

To power up this lot i have a yellow top battery and 2 1farad power caps. :lol:

The type X subs really kills the car and if playing music whilst you drive the pedals vibrate like jelly!!!

On a daily basis i change them to my type Rs which have more spl for my taste.

best2.jpg

holy shit!!! thats amazing, if you dont mind me asking how much did all of that set you back?

damn if you came 2 where i live that would be stolen in a couple of days man! hope you got an alarm system, because stock is rubbish. Im scared about putting 2 6x9's on the parcel shelf for security, and you gone and put 2 subs there :S

still amazing man!

Anup

holy shit!!! thats amazing, if you dont mind me asking how much did all of that set you back?

damn if you came 2 where i live that would be stolen in a couple of days man! hope you got an alarm system, because stock is rubbish. Im scared about putting 2 6x9's on the parcel shelf for security, and you gone and put 2 subs there :S

still amazing man!

Anup

Lost count really, i have gone through many systems looking for what i wanted, spent over 3 grand, mainly the amps and subs cost the most and a lot of man hours.

You need to make a custom stealth shelf, not hard to do, just blend it in and cover the lot with speaker cloth matching the interior colour of your car.

Still working on plans on next audio setup for when i get my hands on a glanza v and will then sell all of my subs.