• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been on the look for one but i might just go for 6x9's :)

My sound system is as follows....pioneer headunit, 2 pioneer front speakers (emotion range) and 2 6x9 's (no idea what brand as they came with the car) at the back. It's nothing much but it's decent. My mate, on the otherhand, has a similar setup with a subwoofer...can't say there is no difference but nothing worth the extra money he spent in my opinion

i have a 15" sub with a 1600 watt amp, puts soo much depth into your music honestly do it, but you have to do it properly or else it will look botch, ive wired all my wires under the n/s carpet.

(except the remote, i ran that down the opposite side of the car, to stop interfearance)

i have a 15" Xplod in my spare wheel well...but i MUST have music with EVERYTHING i do, and i mean everything. hence the install in my boot.

Phil.

I'm exactly the same :)

Got Vibe's up front, Alpine 6x9s and a 12" JBL Sub..wish it all didn't weigh so much though :)

I'm putting my JBL sub in soon.. i cant stand going around with no bass...

same!!

been driving round with no bass :D

saving up for a vibe balckbox bass 5 - very powerful :D

not chavvy in my opinion... if you love bass, you love bass :) :)

I'm exactly the same :)

Got Vibe's up front, Alpine 6x9s and a 12" JBL Sub..wish it all didn't weigh so much though :)

You are running 6x9s AND a sub?????

Oh dear, only time you can do that is running them in a box or on high pass which makes 6x9s pointless!

ive got 1000w audiobahn in the boot powered by a 1200w juice amp its decent enough, but i blew the amp recently, so drivin wid no bass is boring!

but no worrys i have a 3000w pioneer sub in my cuboard and i also have so alpine 6x9's dat i havn't fitted yet :)

people with subs in their spare wheel place, what if you get a flat ?????

Anup

i have a 15" alpine type r and up graded speakers and tweeters..i love my music so i wanted good sound quality.

hey phil could you send/post some pics of your boot with the sub in the spare wheel well plz...

as i was thinking of doing it but dunno what way to go about it :)

Armand

You are running 6x9s AND a sub?????

Oh dear, only time you can do that is running them in a box or on high pass which makes 6x9s pointless!

I've no idea what that means lol :)

The car came with some crappy 6x9s so I just replaced them with mine, don't get much bass from them which is why I need the Sub..Anyhoo the audio is still nice and clear but it has some punch from the sub so I'm happy with that :)

The only reason people think there chavvy... is because usually there over powered subs complementing standard door speakers at full volume going down a high street...

I has MB quart components (4" + tweeters) and a 12" 300 odd watt sub. tis ok, but the road noise in my car eats the sound of the music to be honest.

Mitch

6x9s pointless with a sub?? i get plenty of sound from mine, but then they're run off the amp.

as follows:

Sony headunit, Xplod front components, Xplod components in GT door pods, Xplod 6x9s in rear arm rest recesses, 1500W 15" Xplod sub, 1600W Xplod amp. will post pics shortly.

Phil.