Converted To Jap ....

Alright guys already made a few post's ect about problems ive faced already.

Ive recently got rid of my huge spec track clio sport and decided it was time to go jap.

When i got the car it was in a pretty poor state body work needed a bit of attention as did the engine ect but i saw a challenge ahead and got to work pretty quick.

Only had the car a week and already blew around £2500 on her, well worth it i must say.

How the car looked when i bought it last week..

Pretty poor qualitly picture...

image003.jpg

I must admit i wasnt keen on it when i bought it but it's a high spec 1998 late model with climate control/footwell lights/illuminated key ring amost other factory extras and had pretty low milage so it had potential.

Got it MOT'd

And serviced it myself then...

Got my money out and orderd:

Large FMIC

Monster Motorsport Air Filter Relocation Kit

Rota Slipstream Lightweight Alloys With Toyo T1R's

HID 8000k Headlight Kit

Carbon Culture Carbon Bonnet

Bailey BOV

Black Glanza Side Decals

Filter Style Breather

Damaged the radiator removing the Air Con so its got a new radiator too.

Got the roof panel painted piano black along with the wing mirrors

And got some adjustable coilovers on order :)

Added a few stickers here and there ..

101_0122.jpg

101_0123.jpg

101_0125.jpg

101_0132.jpg

101_0127.jpg

101_0128.jpg

101_0131.jpg

101_0129.jpg

Its been pretty good so far had some pretty decent cars in the past and im really enjoying this project so far, with alot more to come in time just ran out of funds for now.

But as you can see its come along pretty quick and im loving it at the moment.

The forum seems pretty good compared to others and alot of helpful people on here :)

I look forward to coming to meets and events with the car.

Any comments appreciated good or bad.

Dale.

that looks nooooooooooooooooooice man great work.

but i'm gonna be a prick a bit here....she aint a late spec....she's got the pre-facelift front end and tail lights - although the front indicator units are late spec...unless the lad before u made a few changes to her looks with the earlier nose and lights.

nevertheless, you've done some serious work on her in a very short space of time!! very impressice man!!! black roof with the mirrors and bonnet looks real smart!!!

Phil.

that looks nooooooooooooooooooice man great work.

but i'm gonna be a prick a bit here....she aint a late spec....she's got the pre-facelift front end and tail lights - although the front indicator units are late spec...unless the lad before you made a few changes to her looks with the earlier nose and lights.

nevertheless, you've done some serious work on her in a very short space of time!! very impressice man!!! black roof with the mirrors and bonnet looks real smart!!!

Phil.

Ah i see, i thought with it being a 98 model and with all the toys on it then it meant it was a late one.

But thanks for the heads up mate , I have alot to learn :)

Cheers for the comments every one :)

Dale.

98s should be late ones, the lates were 98 and 99 (or so i have thought for the last 4 years lol!!), perhaps she is an early 1998, just before the facelifts.

was just a heads up incase some nite at a cruise or a car park or whatever u get some wee goon tryin to argue with u about what model she is. that happened to me once, some FOOL tried to tell me my tail lights were off a glanza...even though I was the moderator and he had never even owned or played with a glanza in his puff, yet he was adamant he knew more about my parts than me......you ALWAYS get one. some mothers do have them.

really likin all the black additions man, looks mean as hell!!!!!

why did u take the splitter off tho???

Phil.

98s should be late ones, the lates were 98 and 99 (or so i have thought for the last 4 years lol!!), perhaps she is an early 1998, just before the facelifts.

was just a heads up incase some night at a cruise or a car park or whatever you get some wee goon tryin to argue with you about what model she is. that happened to me once, some FOOL tried to tell me my tail lights were off a glanza...even though I was the moderator and he had never even owned or played with a glanza in his puff, yet he was adamant he knew more about my parts than me......you ALWAYS get one. some mothers do have them.

really likin all the black additions man, looks mean as hell!!!!!

why did you take the splitter off though???

Phil.

haha, he obvioulsy new more about your car than you :) .... NOB!

I didnt really like the look the splitter gave the front end, might try it back on though.

I think the steering wheel is the only way to tell. If its a 4 spoke steering wheel then its an early 98 or its 3 spoke then its a late spec with early spec bumpers and lights?

Looks good mate,

Beat me to the black roof thing, i am doing that with my full repsray, oh well that will make two of us lol

Good progress thou

Gary

thanks pal,

The roof just tops it off i think well worth it :(

cheers.

its a JP performance intercool andy :)

Bumper is due a trimming again :)