I am on the prowl out for a white starlet sr.

I am new to the whole jap/starlet scene

I was just wondering whats the best way to get a sr looking smart?

Glanza rep, or is that frowned upon to ruin an sr!? :)

Just need some inspiration(pics of one done) of nice looking sr's

or advise to make them look smart!! :)

oh and sorry if this is in wrong section

Cheers

Connor

my personal opinion on sr's is keep them lookin as standard as possible. i love the style of the sr looks schweet plus every fucker just wacks a glanza front end on its so common.

or you could make it look like my sr and cover it in castrol stickers haha

Some people seem to make a fuss over SR's and I really don't understand why. Ok they have a few nice extras but I personally they're very over hyped.

This is how I look at it with some of the parts the SR comes with compared to just buying a different model of N/A Starlet:

Lowering springs - most people change these anyway and I think most would prefer a 40mm drop rather than the SR's 25mm.

Exhaust - yes the exhaust on these is nice and probably the only part I'd really keep, but alot of people change exhausts anyway.

Alloys - nothing wrong with these at all but again you'd just buy them anyway.

There's a few other things but you get the point, people seem to price SR's alot higher than other Starlets that are essentially the same. Unless you're really fussy and *must* have an SR then don't turn away from other Starlets. :)

Not to mention SR's seem to be alot more expensive.

Nothing wrong with Glanza replicas, there was a non turbo version of the Glanza anyway so it's not as if you'd be trying to "look" fast.

Yer i dont really mind the 'look' of an sr,

but in my opinion its not quite as sexy as a glanza,

Mite be worth me trying to find a 'sportif' in white

but a cheap white sr has come up so if it comes to it...

I NEED PICS OF WHITE SR's please

have tryed the search function but my macbook is not liking it right now

Guest cheshireglanza
VPower = Kurt???

I'm ryan's brother (the one with red nova)

Goin to look at White SR at weekend hopefully :)

theres a white starbo on piston heads site for 500 quid very cheap

SR's r wikid

Check out my old 1 if you fancy it (Click the link in my sig)

In my opinion get 1 and mod it as an SR, then get a Glanza or GT

Unless you intend to turbo it like Chanelle or any of the other turbo'd N/A's :)

But then you could also keep it with SR looks and play it stealth

Look at DubSevens sportif thats like stealth to the N'th digree :)

Its proper wikid

But in my own opinion throwing loads of money at an N/A to give it glanza looks is going to eat money and you'll still be driving a 1.3

Its like pikeys modifying a 1.2 corsa or some piece of shit like that so it looks like a space ship...

It might look uber shit or uber wikid 2 a chavy lil bastard but its still going to be eaten for breakfast by everyone and their mum...

Glanza kits are overplayed, unless you bought a tropicana one, and put the glanza kit on that. That is a colour that Glanza's didn't come in, which means that would be pretty unique. Same said for Coral Wreath, Carribean Blue and Both dark greens (Liam's N/A for example.)

I say keep it as standard as possible, with a few nice touches. Small = big these days :)

I agree with Ste if your gonna mod it you may aswell buy a Sportif or something :)

Because the obvious mods that you would probably do is lower it, wheels, exhaust anyway.

SR's should stay as stock as possible just rally slagged a bit more :)

jag i have to disagree! I've always wanted a glanza or GT and i hate corsa's ect! the only other car i would consider owning that i could get insured on is a polo but i wanted a jap car so i bought a starlet and decided to spend my hard earned money into making it a glanza rep i could get insured on.

i bought my SR because it was cheap and was everything i wanted!

if your going for a glanza rep best thing i would say is to find any starlet as your going to change everything anyways :) end of the day its your choice :)

i bought a starlet and decided to spend my hard earned money into making it a glanza rep i could get insured on.

i bought my SR because it was cheap and was everything i wanted!

if your going for a glanza rep best thing i would say is to find any starlet as your going to change everything anyways :( end of the day its your choice :)

Agree with you mate.

I bought mine when i was 17, always wanted a SR and i got one then i wanted it to look like a glanza after year and half and i couldnt get insured on a glanza so what the fuck i am doing a rep, Going all the way with it i.e full recaro interior, glanza kit then the 4efte. All a wanted is a little project.

Dont care what people say my choice end of the day :)

I have to admit , i love the look of the sr

and for now i am deffo goin to keep it sr looking

just lowered and a few bits on it

i would LOVE a remix bumper as they look the nads on a sr but i dont think it would happen.

to be honest i think if i wanted to glanza rep i would sell the sr to someone who wanted a sr

and either rep a gls or sportif, or just keep the sr for longer and buy a glanza!!!

Only reason i wanted to rep it was due to not being able to afford the insurance on

a glanza but wanting the looks of one!!

i think i will just wait for the real deal this time and wait till i can afford a real one :)

Thanks all for the advise

and i will keep you updated on what happens!!!! :)

yeah thats me mate :)

it all depends where you see yourself in a few years time, if you want to just keep it whilst your nova is being sorted then just do a few mods. If your planning on keeping it as a project or daily driver then why not glanza rep it, you always have the option to fte it too, your brother could always do the conversion for you :)

hey connor

i think i have seen you a few times round witham when i had my pink wheels on and without the vinyls. Your car looks stunning in the flesh by the way :)

Good to see you going jap. if your planning on doing a glanza rep be prepared to spend like £500+ for all the pannels :(

When you get your new car make sure to start a build thread :)

chanelle x

hey connor

i think i have seen you a few times round witham when i had my pink wheels on and without the vinyls. Your car looks stunning in the flesh by the way :(

Good to see you going jap. if your planning on doing a glanza rep be prepared to spend like £500+ for all the pannels :)

When you get your new car make sure to start a build thread :p

chanelle x

Yes chanelle,

Yer my car is coming off the road to have a decent engine fitted

and also be fully waxoiled to preserve it as much as i can

Oh Your car looked schweeet when i saw it last :D

Cant believe how much it has changed in such a short time

Done a real good job B)

I need to get a starlet sportif in the most poverty spec possible

and put a 4efte in it,

Solves the problem with the money with the panels now :D

But seriously if i get some money i prob will glanza rep it!!

So expect me asking you for advise :)

Connor