Bad Idea?

Right as some people might know my old N/A got wrote off a few months ago and since then I've been looking for a GT with no luck so far. :)

Every GT I've thought of buying has given me a problem. Either the seller has not answered calls/emails, the car has been shit, or I've not had enough money.

I've been without a car for 3 months or so now and getting really fucked off, as I don't do anything else other than drive or mess around with cars. So I've done pretty much fuck all for nearly 3 months.

So I got bored and had a look at some Honda's and have come accross a 1989 Honda CRX for £985 so out of desperation I'm considering buying it BUT the good thing is it comes with 7 days free insurance, so I'm thinking of buying it, driving it for 7 days see if I like it, if not then I'll sell it and carry on looking for a GT. If I like it, I'll stick with it, then get a GT next year.

It looks to be in good condition, lady owner, etc etc... and I think it has the 130bhp D16 engine.

What do you lot think? I'm not leaving Starlets at all or anything like that this will just be temporary.

It's had a lady owner for the past 10 years and full service history and all that so should be fairly good.

The only thing I'm concerned about is rust as I notice alot of them are prone to rust problems round the rear arches.

i loved my CRX mate and its the one car i regretted selling, was an imported B series Sir but the Ex had a D series and that was niooy too. i even tried to buy mine back before getting the glanza S but the girl i sold it too just aint letting it go lol.

if its a clean example id snap it up as they are top motors

Jim

You wont regret buying it if its a good one.

Superb cars to drive, handle really well also.

Dont worry about mileage either, it will take whatever you throw at it.

Look at the rear arche and sills on them though, prone to rusting in these areas.

Agree with the tax and insurance, but the B-series isnt bad on fuel at all.

Yes it has a bigger tank but when driving sensibly, its still better than the FTE.

Plus they are dearer on Tax, they was dearer for me to insure and probably dearer on fuel.

GT FTW Ste :)

Nice looking CRX above, remember seeing it on CRXUK.