Mates Huge Mistake

hey guys

just thought id post this up and let you guys know

a main road in my town had been shut off since about 5 o clock today. no one knew anything about it. got to about 9 o clock and we found out it was one of our mates cars involved. anyway it was then revealed that he had been involved in a colision with a few pedestrians. aparently they were crossing the road he didnt see them and he hit them. was a grandma and 2 kids. the grandma aparently died instantly and the two kids were taken to hospital. then about an hour ago we found out aparently that one of the kids had also died in hospital. wether this is true or not we dont know

were all absolutely gutted not only for the family of the maybe deaths but also for our mate. the guy wouldnt hurt a fly and is truly a gentle giant. the poor lads going to have to live with this on his conscience for ever if it is true which is something i wouldnt wish on anyone.

dont know anymore details as of yet but unfortunatly i believe that if its true this comes under manslaughter which is still a jail sentence. just shows that you can never be too careful doesnt it and hopefully these are rumours and are not true.

any way guys just be careful none of us expected this but just goes to show you never know. wouldnt wish this on anyone and especially wouldnt like anything similar to happen to any of my friends on here

i can say for sure that tonights events will make me look extra close for poeple crossing the road

thanks and lets just hope everyone is okay and no fatalaties have happened and our mate can walk free with experience under his belt.

steve

Thats some awful news, my heart goes out to people that passed away.. And also to your mate, i cant imagine how he must feel to be put in that situation..

Guess you never know what could happen at any time.. :thumbsup: Its not only the driver that has to be on point, its also the pedestrians.

Damn, that's an awful story. Don't know how the law is in the UK, but here in the Netherlands if you hit a kid (below 12 years or something) either on foot or on a bike you are always responsible, because the kids can't be held responsible (according to the law). In the case of the old woman, I don't think it would be his fault if she didn't cross the street at the proper place. But then again I don't know how the law is in the UK, hope the best for your friend, living with that feeling is worse enough, let alone going to jail etc. :thumbsup:

Best of luck to him with whatever happens, my thoughts are with both parties.

same here!dont listen to people unless thy are the police involved in the incident!sum people make things sound alot worse for pure badness!my thots r with your pal and of couse the family involved!

i wish them all the best possible outcome in this terrible situation!

May be best for ease of mind if you were to close this thread until you definitely know what happened?

Never nice that people start rumours when peoples lives are in the question.

My thoughts are with both parties if this is true, a very sad situation.

that is horrible, honestly just putting that up will make people think more about people walking out.

It happened to one of my mates a while ago and honestly hes never been the same.

He helped out the family because he thought thats the only way he could do something to say sorry

thats a shame man. under the circumstances... he would recieve points & a revoke forced to redo his test... but more to the point the chance that he may not want to step back in the drivers seat.

i truely hope the people are ok and your friend.. can be very traumatising. any sort of accident.

hope alls ok.

Wow thats horrible to hear.

As said, I feel sorry for all involved. And as you have said, it does show that it doesn't matter how careful you are.

A friend of mine had an incident a few years back, where he was driving through town (in the area with all the clubs) on a Friday night, and he wasn't speeding or anything. Everyone's always careful around that are as drunk people always walk in the road. And some young girl ran into the road, and he hit her and she landed through the windscreen on his passengers lap. She wss in a coma for weeks, and her family blamed him saying she wasnt the kind to get drunk and do silly things. So for weeks he was in turmoil. Once she came round, she said that she was drunk and had an arguement with a friend and ran in front of the car. It still messed his head up big time, and he wouldn't drive again for well over a year!

Really sad story that,

I Think its wrong how someone can just walk out into the road seconds before your car and you hit them & get the blame. Even if you skip jail you'll have a great deal of fucking hassle from it. Disgusting really.

Hope everyone involved is okay.

thanks for all your kind comments guys

well luckily it seems they were all rumours, I've just been in contact with his girlfriemd and she says that it was a grandma and one child. the child is doing well but the grandma is in a real bad way but is stable in hospital.

my friend was questioned at the police station and has been released on bale until further enquiries are made. its such a relief that no one was killed and im really happy for my mate getting released. looks like he was lucky this time

all i can say is he was quite a heavy footed driver, not dangerous or anything like that, but i hope that yesterdays events will teach him a lesson if he ever does get back in a car in the near future.

just be careful guys you never know who or when it will happen too

im really really sad to say that bbc news has just confirmed the elderly woman has died

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/lincolnshire/8405587.stm

just when we thought everyone was okay this happens

so once again i refer back to the original post now a fatalaty hapened

thoughts go out to the victims family and to my friend neil aswell

cant imagine what there all going through right now

This is terrible news to hear!

One thing that wound me up with that news site is that it says the car struck them... dangerous driving.. were they crossing at a crossing or were they crossing infront of him as he was just driving along, hense didn't see them till it was too late?

They always make it seem like the drivers fault, when really they could of been in a hurry so decided to cross where they were going, instead of going to the lights, and then just miss-judged where the car was and how fast it was going.

This said, my thoughts are with the families of both parties, can't be easy knowing how this happened.. and seriously can't be easy for Niel to sleep now!

Very sad so hear this. It's everyones worst nightmare and something I don't think anyone truthfully could forgive themself for (if they knew it was their fault)

I hope for your friend it wasn't his fault although it still doesn't ease the pain for both sides.

It certainly teaches us all to be very very careful and not to boot it anywhere pedestrians are. I used to drive fast sometimes down smaller streets but don't even bother now as it's not worth the risk. My thoughts go out to your mate and the families