The most miles on a full tank of petrol

Hi all,

I currently own a Honda Civic Type R at the mo and was thinking of selling up for the Glanza V. Just wanted to know what the most miles you peeps have got from a full tank. I'll normally be driving in London traffic.

Selling due to wanting something with performance but cheaper to run. I normally get around 210 miles on a full tank on my Honda and £40+ petrol a week aint funny!

Cheers,

Z

Glanza fuel tank has a capacity of around 35litres and when the car is in stock form it gives around 240-260miles in city driving. We don't have highways here in Malta hehe so probably you will get better consumption

i've had 350miles from a tank a few times, with a bit left too (thats getting on for 50mpg!), thats not driving it like a total granny either.

now i have the suspension on its obviously reduced because i can push it much farther, but not any more than it would if i drove it hard before, worst its ever done is around 225miles to a tank, but its usually far more, 250miles+, any less and im dissapointed :D (tank is now around £35 to fill, depending on how much it costs, used to cost less than £30 to fill, bloody fuel prices!!).

i've had 350miles from a tank a few times, with a bit left too (thats getting on for 50mpg!), thats not driving it like a total granny either.

now i have the suspension on its obviously reduced because i can push it much farther, but not any more than it would if i drove it hard before, worst its ever done is around 225miles to a tank, but its usually far more, 250miles+, any less and im dissapointed :D (tank is now around £35 to fill, depending on how much it costs, used to cost less than £30 to fill, bloody fuel prices!!).

Wow....that is some impressive figures you guys/gals are saying. Max I ever got out of my Honda CTR was 240 miles.

But in general, would you lot consider this car to be an everyday car to commute to work with?

By the way, I saw you guys at JAE and thats when I really liked the Glanza V, I was with the Type R Stand.

Welocme to the club mate you wont go far wrong with a little starbo :D

Those figures are actually quite scary because my n/a dont do much more than that i think!!!! I used to put a tenner in a day!!!!!

About time you got those sponges out from under the tyres :D

On my old n/a starlet I could do Chesterfield to Bournemouth and back on about £50 worth of gas.

Pretty good on fuel to be fair though, £20-£30 fills the tank up pretty much.

if i drive really sensibly i can get about 300 kms on £20.

which is about 190 miles.

its boring though!

i get about 200 miles on £20's worth of normal shell unleaded and thats me driving like a twat! :D

I mean its good to see you've sorted out that spongy suspension at last :p Bet the handlings a lot better now.

i made a thread on it mate, have a gander :D handles a beauty!

shell, hi/lo dont make no difference, its not there for fuel economy, its there for low traction/snowy weather etc, if you rev it the same you'll use the same fuel really.

i've only got about 230miles out of the tank this time, but i drove for almost 100 miles @ about 6000rpm, getting used to the suspension etc with a 323GTR and an S14 200SX, so was having a good test of the car overall.

so ye, it all depends how its driven :D

was a road i've never been before, so no didnt know the road well at all.

the grip from the 323 was incredible, that 4wd system works VERY well, unfortunately my tyres are shite so i spent most of the night sideways, but i had a hell of alot of fun.

kept with it till around 80-90mph in a straight line, then it tended to pull slightly, longer geared etc, although as its standard it wont take much to get it at around 300bhp, by which time it'll most likely shit all over me. :D

If i do decide to go further with the starbo then it'll be more interesting, but realistically i want something rwd/4wd to at least stand a chance around those sorts of roads (masses of chuffing roundabouts :/), and something more powerful to begin with (evo :D).

Did a couple of tests on my 1997 N/A EP91 after I bought it, and managed to eek 502 miles out of it in a week, from one £30 fill up (normal Tesco unleaded)!

It meant driving with the windows up at all times, no radio, no heater/blower, no nothing, and driving Miss Daisy.

Someone beat that!