Bad End To Last Year...hopefully Good Start To 010!

Hello to every1 at uk starlet club and a happy new year!!!!

im a new (sortof) member to the site and will look forward to picking every ones brains of dos and donts, appreciating all the feedback i can recieve, good or bad tongue.gif. Every trial and tribulation of tuning up my new pride and joy will bring me just that......

well...i was goin to continue and post this but.....

i had a pretty bad ending to last and crashed my beloved glanza just the other day before reading up on the absolute shitenesss of the abs, atleast i kno now that your asking for trouble without removing it complety or simply pulling the fuse out :(

ok, the story far...

i say sortof new member bcos i joined in 2008 with my first starlet gt turbo (i wanted one for ages) which cost me pennys and i had such a absolute blast in it i just had to upgrade to a glanza so i could enjoy the same back in the seat feeling as the gt but with all the modern comodities....

so now....

while it sits on my drive with half the front end caved in, it breaks my heart every time i walk out the house and to get some of the parts is less than easy as these things are getting rarer by the week!!!

i wanted so badly to start tuning but set backs are enevitable and shit happens so as sonn as i straighten out the front end we'l b ready to take on the world!!! :D

thanxs for reading guys

feed back will be appreciated 1000000x!!!

Unlucky bud :)

How'd you manage to crash her?

it was the lamest crash ever honestly i was doing about 5mph onto a roundabout, checked my rearview...looked back forward again and pesky freelander had jammed her anchors on in front of me, my front end dug rite under the arse... there was all of about 2 minor scratches to her back bumper...i was distrought to say the least its only been in the country 3 months!!!! aaaagh!!! i dont kno weather the front panel is replacable or im goin to have to straighten it but can source a few parts :(:D:D

Can you not claim through your insurance?

I would sell everything you can, then buy yourself a nice ep82 gt turbo. :(

going thru the insurance is no im afraid...in their eyes i hit her from behind so its 100% my fault, oh and being tpf and t doesnt help either, selling everything is a definate no aswell lol if its fix able i shud b able to do it on the drive!!

i did have an ep82 but i wanted the feel of a newer car if u kno wot i mean, bit mor updated updated a/c folding mirrors all that...shud of kept it im thinking

Sorry to hear about your mishap.

So if you don't mind my asking, did you remove the fuse, ABS unit or neither :angry2:

i cant diss abs but i think it works alot better on heavier cars where the weight is forced down on the wheels upon braking hard..in the starlets the lack of weight carrys the ca foward still having no or little effect on the already sliding wheels...having known this info about the simple ''pull out the fuse idea'' before the mishap i would neva had drove it with the abs still active :angry2:

it was the lamest crash ever honestly i was doing about 5mph onto a roundabout, checked my rearview...looked back forward again and pesky freelander had jammed her anchors on in front of me, my front end dug rite under the arse... there was all of about 2 minor scratches to her back bumper...i was distrought to say the least its only been in the country 3 months!!!! aaaagh!!! i dont kno weather the front panel is replacable or im goin to have to straighten it but can source a few parts :angry2::angry2::angry2:

same thing happened to me in my old imprezza, guy infont of me going on to a round about stopped on the roundabout to let out a wee bird in a mini. wanker! i offered to pay to have the scratch on his bumper fixed so it didnt go through insurance and he tried to get me to buy him a new bumper from vauxhall and get it painted. about 480 quid:O

put up some pics of the damage

bad luck mate,

welcome anyway.

if you need a hand with any parts just fire me a pm man and il see if i can help out.

with our website it should help you get back on the road in no time

same thing happened to me in my old imprezza, guy infont of me going on to a round about stopped on the roundabout to let out a wee bird in a mini. wanker! i offered to pay to have the scratch on his bumper fixed so it didnt go through insurance and he tried to get me to buy him a new bumper from vauxhall and get it painted. about 480 quid:O

put up some pics of the damage

i kno man its a gut wrenching feeling to say the least but i think wer settling without insurance so hopefully wont lose ncb etc... wheres the best place to put them up to show off the damage?

bad luck mate,

welcome anyway.

if you need a hand with any parts just fire me a pm man and il see if i can help out.

with our website it should help you get back on the road in no time

cheers enzo i'll probs b in touch soon...I've sourced a few parts on ebay on the quick :angry2: good idea, bad idea? not purchased yet but they include ali sports rad, bonnet and headlights...bin looking on here for a few week but nothins cum up

as for the bar the top of the rad supports hook over, replace or straighten im not sure

Hi lee

from the midlands mate, leicester

also, whers the best place to post the pics?

Welcome mate, hope you get the car sorted!

As for pics, upload them onto Photobucket, then paste in the IMG code when you add a post in this topic :angry2:

welcome to UKSC dude, I see your from Leicester not too far away from me buddy :angry2:

Shame about the V mate, looked like it was a nice motor before :angry2: As said it could of been worse though you could have wrecked that Livesports Spiltter lol.