Nurburgring Who Would Be Up For It!

Not sure if it's the right place to put this,

Now this isn't anything im going to arrange as have done before on other forums and it gets very frustrating lol no offense,

But im thinking about going for a trip to the nurburgring this year (June/July/august) when i get a car and arrange a date i will just put a thread up about 2months before i go saying when im going, and if anyone else fancy's it as well then could possibly just meet up at Dover/folkestone and drive down together.

I know it isn't set in stone or anything yet, but just wondering if anyone on here with other Starlet's would be up for it at all ?

Cheers people

Im not entirely sure what you have to do about insurance, but im looking into it all at the moment, i've got a mate that is German and he has a house about 30minutes away from the nurburgring he has been there a few time's and knows most stuff about it,

I'm not going to go there with the intentions of trying to go round as quick as i possibly can im just going to treat it as a normal sort of country road drive, giving it abit on the straights but steady and 100% under control round the corner's without pushing beyond my limit, as i know it's very expensive if you crash there, as you are charged for crash barrier damage ect and also got to try get your car back from there,

But i will definitely post a thread up before i go, would be good to get quite a few people from here to go down aswel :(

this is my price list;

fuel there, round the track and back, £250

channel tunnel ticket, £60 ish

hotel for 1 maybe 2 nights £90

food £50

Plus il be taking an extra £200 just incase of anything goes wrong or whatever.

you may not need to pay that much but it is a rough cost list

I wouldn't like to organise it though as im not that good with it,

I was more just saying that i will put the date of when i am going and if anyone else fancy's going at the same time, then it would be good to have a few member's from here there :(

I would most probably be taking a friend aswell that is happy to help with cost's as bit, and i would take another set of wheels for when im down there and on the track, as wouldn't fancy ruining my tyre's then having to drive home on bald tyre's,

im looking up about it on that ben lovejoy's website http://nurburgring.org.uk/ explains alot of things on there

This is the General Idea for the cost's of a trip on the website...

Channel crossing: Varies, but say typically £120

Petrol en-route: Typically 2 x £60 = £120

Petrol for the Ring: Say £90

Bed-and-breakfast per person: £25 per night x 2 = £50

Food: 2 x dinner, 2 x lunch, food en-route, beer = £100

25-lap ticket = £232

Total = approx £700

And if you have any sort of accident this are the price's you have to pay unfortunately which is why i will save my racing for brands hatch and tracks local to me NOT the ring, i will just stay way below my limit and abilitys and would not time myself, i simply want to go so i can say i've been there, it isn't worth the risk and trouble of crashing and then having to settle damage cost and the hassle of trieing to get your car back from germany!

Base fee for attendance of armco truck: â?¬150

Removing damaged armco: â?¬10/metre (x2 or x3 or x4 for multiple-height sections)

Replacement armco: â?¬31/metre (x2 or x3 for double/triple height)

Removing damaged armco posts: â?¬5.10 each

Replacing armco post: â?¬39 each

Safety car attendance: â?¬82 per 30 mins (car + 2 people)

Circuit closure: â?¬1,350 per hour

Recovery truck: â?¬190 (inc VAT)

Hospital stay & air ambulance: Let's just say, do NOT go there without travel insurance! (Though a European Health Card - which replaced the E111 - may cover the hospital bit.)