Ebc V Mintex

Guest ep82_girl

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never had any bother with them, were i live its boy racer mad so im always takeing my brakes to the limits shall i say lol

as for the mintex if you want to wash you car every day then go for the mintex cause they are very dusty lol

all so i found that when they got worm they stoped working,when the yellow stuff get worm they take your face off lol

just leave this thread run a bit longer and see what other people have to say befor you buy some, but i think on standard calipers set ups yellow stuff are mint from cold to hot and last for ever without lots of dust :(

Let a few more come online to share their views on both pads.

EBC greenstuff pads on my mates car are terrible for brake-dust, if they are anything like yellowstuff then ouch. Braking is good when at the right temperature.

My Mintex 1144's are fine under or above temperature.

yea will do addz :(

xx

i have mintex on mine and had them on my last car and have had no complaints worked very well, always heard mixed reviews on ebc pads think they'd be ok for road use dont think they last long on the track tho.

Greenstuff are more than fine for road use.

I had them on teh n/a great pads with very little brake dust

I have Mintex 1144 on the GT and there are terrible, fade like fuck and worse than stock pads for dust :(

Wont be getting them again

Guest ep82_girl

ummm mayb il try the yellow stuff. green stuff are ok but i find they take ages to warm up so i want to find a pad that works from cold+to high temperatures. the car is never driven hard+well never go on the track so just need 2 good road pad.

x x

I used Yellow Stuff in the Toyota Sprint Series last year for the last couple of races. With the sprints the cars are racing from cold so you needed brakes that work straight away.

Before I had TRD branded pads and the difference was very noticable. The car was also a daily drive for the first half of the year and the pads worked well on the streets too.

I am going to use the Yellow Stuff again this season.

Pete

I had EBC Greenstuffs and Mintex 1144's after that on my Satria GTi and thought the Greenstuffs outperformed the Mintex in every area.

Been in my mates road rally spec GTi which runs EBC Disks and Yellowstuffs and it stops on a 2p piece!

Hence the reason I got the TD Ultimate Kit with EBC Disks, Yellowstuffs, Braded Lines and Toyota Fluid from Nick then also got a Cusco Master Cylinder Stopper to go on too for extra support! lol

Not fitted them to the V yet as don't fancy trying to bed them in whilst its still snowy but will get them on as soon as the weather improves.

In short I vote EBC!

Steve

Guest ep82_girl

ahhh micky if only it was that easy! you lot are saying yellow stuff and my mates on tgtt are saying mintex!!!!!!

i only have vented discs on the front (12 grooved) so nothing special so would this hinder or help either pads performance??

xx

lol well it gos to show that people one here no what they are talkeing about :p

to be honest i dont think you need grooved discs on the back or any performance pad

by the time the rear calipers worm up you have stoped lol so toyota pads will do for the back

and yellow stuff will do for the front trust me your bracking will be bang on with that set up :p

Guest ep82_girl

hahaha micky :p

i have standard pads and discs on rear anyway only fronts are upgraded.

ive just heard about ebc pads falling apart and that what is putting me off!

ive been in a car with mintex pads and upgraded dicsc (ok it did here R888 tyres) but f**k me it stopped!!!

decisions lol

xxx

lol what car was that in an evo or something with brembo calipers lol and i bet when he/she slammed the ankers on the second time round they had no pads left :p

any pad can fall apart even the best pads in the world can, if you let them get realy low

its up to you what you want but yellow stuff will do the job you are asking for 100% :p