ello guys and girls!

just a quick question, im torn between doing a full sr conversion into a glanza or should i go out and buy a glanza straight out?

which one would be more beneficial cost wise?

ive seen glanza's up for sale which have been around the 2k mark and ive priced up it will cost me roughly about 2k+ to do the full conversion!

being 18 i would need a glanza which would have been imported as a starlet gl, for insurance purposes .

thoughts guys?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My cars registered as an N/A..along with alot of other Glanzas i beleive..aslong as its insured correctly you should be fine.

If i were you..i'd just buy a glanza..save the hassel..unless your looking for that sort of project?

My cars registered as an N/A..along with alot of other Glanzas i beleive..aslong as its insured correctly you should be fine.

If i were you..i'd just buy a glanza..save the hassel..unless your looking for that sort of project?

the insurance between an N/A with all mods declared (bodykit e.c.t) and a glanza isn't honestly that much different, its just really which would be most cost effective in actually buying the car?

If its insured as a V then its fine to be registered as an n/a. If your not insured as a V and you crash dont rely on insurance to pay out. I got pulled and they asked to see under my bonnet.

ive tried the insurance as a gl with the glanza engine conversion and again its coming out just the same as a n/a with the conversion, its just a pain how some people decide to import then not as the right car :thumbsup: haha!

dont lie about it being an n/a if it aint hunni not worth the risk.

get a nice glanza and do it up slowly will keep the insurance lower for you then

xxx

i was thinking about that, it just seems back to front that an SR with the mods declared is more than a glanza standard :S oh dear! haha!

im just gonna get all the pennies out of the jar and get a glanza :thumbsup:

i was also surprised at how much they wanted to insure me on an ep82! almost 1k more than a V!

go the sleeper route then theres no bumpers to declare :thumbsup:. i done some quotes a while back for gettin the sleeper i bought insured and it worked out cheaper than a glanza but then insurance companys quotes are different for everyone so just have a look about and see what comes up better.

gotta think tho dont get urself skint trying to buy then insure one because remember you have to maintain it well too.

do you want a V as a first car?

this would be my second car, well my own car that is, my first was an alfa romeo 146, decided to blow up and i just wanted something more reliable with similar power, with my alfa being a big car but hitting almost 140bhp it wasnt half bad

i looked at civics and thought, everyone has one

looked at the accord, but too big

looked at the almera, dont like the looks

then i found the V had one sit next to me while i was out driving in basingstoke sometime, bright white and smart as hell! fell in love :thumbsup:

go the sleeper route then theres no bumpers to declare :thumbsup:. i done some quotes a while back for gettin the sleeper i bought insured and it worked out cheaper than a glanza but then insurance companys quotes are different for everyone so just have a look about and see what comes up better.

gotta think tho dont get urself skint trying to buy then insure one because remember you have to maintain it well too.

ive done the whole skint thing with my last car! spent more or repairs than i did buying the god damn thing! thats why ive gone jap haha!

im just gonna get me a nice tidy V and leave it standard for a while, save up some money then do it up slowly :D

If you can afford the insurance, or its just a little more to insure a glanza, Get the glanza, Your only going to make it look like a glanza anyway, so might as well have the 4efte power too.

simples

thats some good advice from the meerkat!

it was only 200 quid more to insure a V than a standard SR so i think ill save the time and money just getting a standard V :thumbsup:

Not being a cunt but unless you've got a LOT of money it's going to be hard to insure at Glanza at our age.

Insurance on a GT is just about affordable at 18, but I ended up buying a CRX which is slightly more expensive however I've got it garaged and waiting until I'm 19 before I insure it.

Roughly how much can you afford on insurance?

edit - it would have been around 2k for me to insure a GT whereas some companies wanted like 6k for a Glanza.

Not being a cunt but unless you've got a LOT of money it's going to be hard to insure at Glanza at our age.

Insurance on a GT is just about affordable at 18, but I ended up buying a CRX which is slightly more expensive however I've got it garaged and waiting until I'm 19 before I insure it.

edit - it would have been around 2k for me to insure a GT whereas some companies wanted like 6k for a Glanza.

i completely know what you mean! i paid almost well on the doors of 3K on the insurance for my last car :/ that was bloody stupid :/

ive seen that for some odd reason the insurance on any honda is mental, apart from the jazz ofcourse :thumbsup: but thats only because the kiddies dont get the mitts on one and end up putting them through the raging it stage :/

again i do love the V but i also dont mind the GT :D both nice cars!

would you recommend the GT i mean 2k doesnt sound half bad, well i mean for the kinda car it is!

i might just get an ep82, wait until i can, then see if i can get a minter of a V, probably look at importing one for myself, but i wouldnt do it until i was banging on 20 and could afford the insurance with it being a proper V and not imported as anything else!

Whatever you do get mate, make sure you let me come and have a look :D and maybe take me for a spin :D will return the favour when mines done :thumbsup:

Whereabouts in Southampton are you mate? Im over in Marchwood, on the edge of the new forest.

Jason :D

Whatever you do get mate, make sure you let me come and have a look :D and maybe take me for a spin :D will return the favour when mines done :thumbsup:

Whereabouts in Southampton are you mate? Im over in Marchwood, on the edge of the new forest.

Jason :D

another southener!

im around the hedge end & west end area! im in west end but spend 90% of my time all over the shot haha!

and i will buddy! might be a while till i get it done because of money problems atm :/ sodding bills but shouldnt be too long, just going to save me up another maybe few months then get the ball rolling!

sounds like a plan for a meet!

have you ever been down to hedge end? for any of the meets?

bugger to it! i think im just going to get me an SR and slowly build up upon it!

does anyone know how much i should be paying for a good nick one?

preferably in white and standard but not too fused :thumbsup: just need a car!

be route for me i think would be to do all the bumpers, bonnet, lights, spoiler ect and leave it as that, until the insurance drops enough for me to do a full 4-efte conversion!

would you recommend the GT i mean 2k doesnt sound half bad, well i mean for the kinda car it is!

i might just get an ep82, wait until i can, then see if i can get a minter of a V, probably look at importing one for myself, but i wouldnt do it until i was banging on 20 and could afford the insurance with it being a proper V and not imported as anything else!

Yes I'd recommend a GT, if you can afford to buy a Glanza then you'll be able to afford a good GT, and then you've got cheaper insurance.

It's basically the same car anyway apart from a few differences. The main one of course being the body styling, but personally I think GT's look great. I'd prefer a Glanza but GT's aren't ugly at all.

another southener!

im around the hedge end & west end area! im in west end but spend 90% of my time all over the shot haha!

and i will buddy! might be a while till i get it done because of money problems atm :/ sodding bills but shouldnt be too long, just going to save me up another maybe few months then get the ball rolling!

sounds like a plan for a meet!

have you ever been down to hedge end? for any of the meets?

Hedge end seems the place to go :thumbsup: Go over there now and then, usually in the summer months me and my mate go over to burger king for a shake and just chill in the generic kfc/mcd carpark that everyone hangs out in. :D

Haven't been over there in about 8 months now though, will be over there plenty when mines all up and running. In fact if its dry then i will be out and about driving it.

What you driving at the moment? Know what you mean about alfa's/fiats i had a Fiat Punto sx as my last car. Got rid after the 3rd gearbox in 3 months and went jap........never going back now!!!!!

Jason