it is a tough choice but it u go get alot more quotes and like you say its still only a little difference then go for the v. but 200 pound difference doesnt sound right. depending on how long u been drivin etc your lookin at a fair whack at 18. im 20 and forkin out alot. lets just say it was 1200 before i told them about the engine lol. and thats for a sportif. insurance wise you would be better to go for an sr or ever just a modded sportif or similar model :thumbsup: and if it hadnt snowed on my 2 weeks off i would have had a decent speced one for sale but dont think it will be till march at least now.

most people that face the same situation usually buy an n/a and save for a while or buy bits that you can later swap to a cheap glanza.

dont disagree but, the money itll cost you to beet around the bush doing up a sr, regreting spending that money modding a car you dont wana keep and then deciding you wanted a turbo int 1st place,itll cost you alot more than paying the insurance difrence on a turbo anyways...

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

mean!!! :D i dont know what you could meen by that........ lol. the system is there to be played, the dodgy bit is if they could have ofered me 605 quid int first place why when i first rang them did they say 980??? dirty!!! ive been with them for 3years aswell!!!

there only there to just make as much money as they can!

talk about trying to get blood out of a stone! but if you play them off, things can soon go to your favour :D

in which case its all good eggs!

mean!!! :D i dont know what you could meen by that........ lol. the system is there to be played, the dodgy bit is if they could have ofered me 605 quid int first place why when i first rang them did they say 980??? dirty!!! ive been with them for 3years aswell!!!

there only there to just make as much money as they can!

talk about trying to get blood out of a stone! but if you play them off, things can soon go to your favour :thumbsup:

in which case its all good eggs!

wooo!!! result. think we may have a answer!!! out of intrest is a gt cheaper ti insure than a glanza? A.flux told me that many glanzas had been writern off that why my insurance was still so high.

p.s should do a name and shame of writern off glanzas...

wooo!!! result. think we may have a answer!!! out of intrest is a gt cheaper ti insure than a glanza? A.flux told me that many glanzas had been writern off that why my insurance was still so high.

well theres that and they dont know what to do with them! haha!

the thing is a glanza can be cheaper than a gt, sometimes alot cheaper! it all depends on how it was imported and what model it was imported on, a lot of people will import them as a starlet GL meaning dirt cheap insurance (group 4/5)

p.s should do a name and shame of writern off glanzas...

haha lets not go there :thumbsup::D :D

Have you thought about just buying an SR or N/A for maybe a year and just keeping it standard/doing small mods? That way you build up your no claims and I'm sure it'll cost a lot less at 19 to get insurance on a V/GT!

I'm 19 myself, but gonna keep the N/A for 3 years or so to get some NCB then I know that I should be able to get a good quote on a Turbo :thumbsup:

Oh and whatever you decide, get insurance sorted properly..if you DO get a GT/V then insure it properly, it's just not worth the risk of losing the car should worst come to worst :D

Have you thought about just buying an SR or N/A for maybe a year and just keeping it standard/doing small mods? That way you build up your no claims and I'm sure it'll cost a lot less at 19 to get insurance on a V/GT!

I'm 19 myself, but gonna keep the N/A for 3 years or so to get some NCB then I know that I should be able to get a good quote on a Turbo :D

Oh and whatever you decide, get insurance sorted properly..if you DO get a GT/V then insure it properly, it's just not worth the risk of losing the car should worst come to worst :D

i would never wanna loose a V!

i wouldnt be able to bear it :D

im going to probably get around the 2/2.5k mark and see what i can find :D

i do keep thinking to get an N/A just for now and slowly mod it, but then i keep thinking, i would get one now and understandably i would build up even more NCB but it dont really want to piss about with having to sell and swap cars ect ect.

im not going to uni because im going to be doing a higher apprentiship, sod another 4 years of education!

and all that debt!!!!!!!!!!!

so money shouldnt be an issue come the time i leave college as the money for my apprentiship is preety good for what it is :thumbsup:

I'm 19 myself, but gonna keep the N/A for 3 years or so to get some NCB then I know that I should be able to get a good quote on a Turbo :thumbsup:

i had to endure a full five years of na power before getting my turbo wings,

I'm hoping it won't take that long lol

3 years (excluding this year) owning the N/A is the minimum to be honest, as I'll still be in uni

Then I'll see how much a Turbo will cost to run & insure, if it's still too much then I'll hold out for one :thumbsup:

just buy a glanza, take it from some one that nearly watched there fully modded colt crushed because i didnt insure any mods on it, i was almost crying in the pasenger seat of his volvo. it is worth the extra money to insure it properly and not shit your pabts every time you see a pig in the rear view mirror. he was gona crush my colt, firstly because i cleaned my car in the morning which ,loosend the tape on my front number plate, it fell off, he was going the other way, turned round kained after me, pulled me over gave me a massive bollocking. he then got a piece of paper, wrote down everything that was changed form standard, (v.long piece of paper) sat me in his car rang my insurance company and thank the lord for foreign call centres, he got passed from that many diferent departments and that many dif phone numbers he gave up in the end, swore alot and told me id got lucky ad i should go home insure it properly and he checked into it 6weks later.. take it from me i was unbelieveably happy id got away with that,

take it from me its definately worth paying the extra few hundred quid to do it properly!!!!

the insurance company never tell the police whether it's had the mods declared or not due to data protection or something (so I've heard). One of my mates had the police phone his insurnace company when they pulled him over, and the said, we can't tell you :thumbsup:

and they ain't gonna crush your car, for having no front plate.. I think he was just trynna scare you.. Which he probably did

i was thinking about that, it just seems back to front that an SR with the mods declared is more than a glanza standard :S oh dear! haha!

im just gonna get all the pennies out of the jar and get a glanza :D

i was also surprised at how much they wanted to insure me on an ep82! almost 1k more than a V!

Thats shocking its normally more expensive, more difficult to insure a Glanza

For me its 6 grand cheaper to insure an SR compared to a V :lol: .

Thats just a fucking joke ;)

I had my n/a starlet for 4 years before the GT.

I knew insurance would of been an issue so I just spent thousands making my Starlet look nice and it was one of the nicest cars in my area and then some shit happened and I broke it which gave me enough money to buy my GT :o

But to go from a 140hp Alfa to a n/a starlet I wouldnt want to do it either tbh.

Tough choice

Thats shocking its normally more expensive, more difficult to insure a Glanza

Thats just a fucking joke :lol:

I had my n/a starlet for 4 years before the GT.

I knew insurance would of been an issue so I just spent thousands making my Starlet look nice and it was one of the nicest cars in my area and then some shit happened and I broke it which gave me enough money to buy my GT :o

But to go from a 140hp Alfa to a n/a starlet I wouldnt want to do it either tbh.

Tough choice

my point exactly! like dont get me wrong i think the n/a is still a really good car, but i'd also want something with a bit of bite :/

its all swinging in roundabouts!

ive seen a few nice vauxhall astra mk 4 1.8 sri's and there not too bad to insure ;)

but again there common, and lets face it there not a V!