Removing Glanza Cluster?

Hi all. I am in the process of removing my instrument cluster out of my Glanza. I removed the black casing around the cluster held on with two philips screws. Then I removed the three screws holding the cluster to the dash. I now need to remove the three plugs behind the cluster, I took one off but cant do the other two as they are pretty tight. I wanted to see if the cluster would pull out a bit more for me to get better access to the plugs but it feels like there is still something holding it on. Are there any other screws holding it together? Thanks in advance, Lee.

Well lets hope you get further than what I have. I still cant get it out! It's driving me mad! Could you do me a huge favour and maybe post a pic of the back of your cluster once you have got it out? Just so I can see whereabouts the speedo cable plugs into. I must have been near as I moved something and the needle on the speedo moved a bit. If you could do that for me mate I would really appreciate it. Regards, Lee.

I was just thinking. I only want to see if the standard 180 dials are behind the dials that are fitted now. Am I able to do this with the cluster still in? Would I just have to remove the clear plastuc part, remove speedo needle and undo the two little black screws on the dial to see whats behind it?

If i pull mine out tomorrow if this snow fucks off i,ll take some pics buddy,its better to remove the full cluster by the time you mess about trying to take the plastic off the front you could of removed the full cluster lol

if you move the steering wheel all the way down as far as it will go it will give you more room for you hand to get in, stop pissing around squeeze and pull on the fucker :thumbsup: not to hard though

when i changed my dials, i took the steering wheel off, the dial surround thing and the plastic underneath the steering wheel, so you could get your hand up from behind. then left my dad to do the rest :) should be 3 plugs and the speedo cable which is a pain I've been told :thumbsup:

I was just thinking. I only want to see if the standard 180 dials are behind the dials that are fitted now. Am I able to do this with the cluster still in? Would I just have to remove the clear plastuc part, remove speedo needle and undo the two little black screws on the dial to see whats behind it?

Yes, you don't need to take the whole cluster out to change the dial face.

Just to make you feel bad I just removed mine half an hour ago, I find it a piece of piss to remove.:thumbsup:

The speedo cable just pulls straight out, it's actually the easiest to remove, just squeeze the clip and pull, it's right in the middle exactly in line with the speedo needle.

Well now I know the standard 180 dials are not behind the 110 dials that are fitted now. I didnt take the cluster out, instead I took out the clear plastic cover in front of the dials and peeled the dials back a little so I could see. Now i'm looking for just the 180 Glanza dials. I'll post a topic in the wanted section but if anyone here has any, please let me know. Regards, Lee.

Hahaha,

Just tried to do this myself.

Do I need to remove the cluster to change the bulbs behind the speedo?

Also, does anyone know what bulbs I need? Its the one that lights up the left hand side of the speedo.

Someone should do a how too to get the cluster out, I found there was a bit of play to pull it out a couple of inches, but couldnt get to the looms.

Cheers,

Oz

Hahaha,

Just tried to do this myself.

Do I need to remove the cluster to change the bulbs behind the speedo?

Also, does anyone know what bulbs I need? Its the one that lights up the left hand side of the speedo.

Someone should do a how too to get the cluster out, I found there was a bit of play to pull it out a couple of inches, but couldnt get to the looms.

Cheers,

Oz

Yes you'll need to take the cluster out to change the bulbs. A "how to" wouldn't really help as the hard part is just getting your hands in the back to remove the speedo cable and electrical connections, there's not really a trick to it you just need to feel what you're doing.

There is three elctrical plug connectors one at either side and one in the middle - all at the top, you need to press the clip on them then pull at the same time and they will come out (one at a time obviously), the speedo cable is the same.