PEEEEDD OFF!!

I think you may have a good race on the track with this one,remember a seat is basically a poor mans audi so theres a bit of pedigree there. I had a petrol ibiza 20vt when they first came out and that could fly with a few basic mods, revo remap ,induction kit ,blah blah blah.All i'm saying is that just because it's a seat don't think its crap because of the badge thats on it,you might just get a surprise!! Them diesels have a lot of torque,thats what makes a car quick NOT bhp! Many people talk about bhp being the most important thing,thats bollox! Best of luck with this one, let us all know how i goes. ;)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know what you mean about reliability,forgot to mention that part! had mine for 3 1/2 years and it was in the garage on warrenty claims 36 times!!!!!! Was what turned me to the jap side,never looked back since. ;) Put me right off the VAG. I pity the fools who bought it,seen 3 or 4 other folks driving it in the last coupla years. ;)

A simple chip makes those diesels fecking quick ;) With that amount of torque though he'll need a clutch and possible flyweel a couple of weeks later ;) :p ;)

If i were you mate,id be buying a few goodys just to "secure" that win ! ;)

like? lol

i just paid for my new insurance and uni :p i aint got much money B):(

thanks for the comments guys i particularly like jaystar's comment

"if you can't then take it as a compliment that you are 'the one to beat'."

made me feel a bit more relaxed. lol

Just keep telling him your busy, after a few years the rust should of settled in and it'll fall apart before it gets enough speed to catch you ;)

;) ;)

just remember people. im pissed off because he was making me out to have said all this shit... it will end up being solved in a race. im happy with that its a fair dual.

My mate just got rid of his GT4 for a SEAT Ibiza CupraR (One of only 75 or something he tells me) and it's bloody quick!! 183BHP standard!!

We came off a roundabout (and if I hadn't have been there myself I wouldn't believe a word of it) with 4 in the car with a scooby STi chasing us and my mate kept 1 car length ahead of the impreza all the was to about 125mph... then the scooby went to go out by but realised he wouldn't pass us very quick ly so ducked back in

He says with a chip and the turbo off the 225BHP TT he can be running 250+ bhp pretty inexpensively!

All i gotta say his prove him wrong :p

To get better acceleration for nowt, strip your car if it isnt already ;)

Do everything you can to put him in his place. i take it he doesnt know that you know about him talking on the seat site??

If he doesnt you can track his every move and plan MWHAHAHAHA

If he beats you just get eks to felch him goood lol ;)

no hes doesnt as far as i know i would have told him tonight but we didnt go out in the end.. i might keep it quiet now ive settled down a bit.

i could have a couple of slight tricks up my sleeve. but well see.

i could have a couple of slight tricks up my sleeve. but well see.

Track his posts on that forum and wait till he's "modded" his car a little then say to him casually one night:

Gaz: "yeah we should go a little run in ours cars (or something along those lines) "

He'll go: "tee hee hee, little does he now about my new filter (or chip or whatever), tee hee" and accept your offer.

But you'll have cunningly forseen this and temporarily upped your boost to 1.2BAR and filled your car with octane booster and 99RON petrol to cope with the extra boost!!

That should do it...

At the end of the day, if you beat him, or he beats you, will it make any difference? Ok, he's had the front to say things thet made you out to be something you're not.

Grab the git by the scruff of the neck and ask him why (if he's someone you know personally) he's said those things, or better still, register on the site and ask him on there, in front of everyone else he's bleating to.

As to whether your GT would beat a Cupra deisel... That's down to the driver mate. At Ten Of The Best this year, my mate's MR2 turbo whacked a Lambo Murcialago on the quater. He didn't beat it, he ATE it. The driver of the Lambo was a turd.

Be bigger than this arse mate. You're a Starlet owner at the end of the day, and that's something to be proud of. ;)

Be cool.

EarL.

im a better driver and he knows it.

i did post on the forum and pointed it to him on msn it got closed and he never replied to my msn convo.

im past the time of taking shit like this tooo seriously.. i proved him wrong and said my bit on the forum.. i will now take it as yet more friendly banter.

he probably feels small because i caught him out, and ill see what he says if he ever says anything.