Went To Brands Hatch Trackday On Friday!

I'm recovering from a trackday at Brands on friday, great fun - was just a passenger though. We did 70-odd laps (first trackday there). Got plenty of proper rubber migration going! Car was a roadgoing E30 Touring with my brother as driver, with a heavy 220bhp 3.5 conversion, coilovers, LPG tank fitted and 1400kg as weighed before the back seat (50kg max?) was taken out, rest of interior in place.

1350kg plus passenger, 220bhp, drying track, times on one stint were:

1:10.8

1:06.0

1:03.5 < ! :-)

1:05.5

1:05.2

1:05.7

1:05.3

1:05.4

1:05.5

Even saw off a Skyline, this is post-overtake, not "holding them up"...

IMG_1148b.jpg

We are in this video (6:20 > 7:05), the car you are in was a race prepped '7 powered by a Cossie YB Turbo.

When we left there was a lot of clattering noise and juddering from the clutch, so we limped home. Took the box off yesterday to find all the flywheel bolts had undone! EEEEEK!!!! "Lucky" to say the least, the shuddering was the bolt heads hitting the clutch plate springs etc, and the flywheel now has "float".....but can't be removed due to a built-up lip on the crank! (new bolts, better Loctite plus lockwire time!)

More pics:

IMG_1440-bb.jpg

IMG_1444b.jpg

IMG_1328b.jpg

Hot...

IMG_1249b.jpg

Hotter!!!!! Really must get a WMS kit on his car at some point....

IMG_1484b.jpg

That overtake in progress!

IMG_1146b.jpg

I want to do trackdays now!!! Just need a faster car first though.

You honestly don't need heaps of power...in fact you will learn more about making the most of your cornering speeds and momentum if you are slower down the straights.

The Skyline lads were often in the 600bhp range, we were 220bhp and it was fine.

But i have 86.3BHP :surrender: That just isnt enough!!!

You really dont mate - ok straights are going to be boring but you will end up throwing your 86.3hp through the corners faster than some by the end of the day as you will be able to progressivly feel the difference and gradually increase your corner entry/ exit speeds.

I did one around Silverstone in a Corsa C 1.2 but because of the suspension set up I was keeping up and even overtaking loads of people on corners lol!

Steve