ok does the corolla mani actualy make any power gains to the 4efe was told on tgtt that it is just a myth and better not wasting my cash .

has anyone actualy got any proff that the mani give more gains or is it actualy a myth.

any info would be helpful

thanks joel

EP95 mani should be the same as the Corolla one?

And I'd like to know which numpty told you there was no gains with the Corolla manifold. ;)

the ep95 (4x4starlet) mani looks the same as the fte mani but without the sensors and vac lines for the turbo.

a guy fatman

what i said.

i was told they are quite good compared to the standard 4efe starlet manifolds

what he said.

(Most certainly a myth. Testing showed significant gains across the board bolting on a 4e-fte manifold.

5e-fhe ACIS manifold is the best option by a long way, especially if you can rig the ACIS mechanism to switch at the right time. Genuine gains to be had, turbo and NA.)

I dont know much about n/a starlet's but i've heard that the Glanza s has a more aggressive ECU? im not sure if that helps the power on the S or not

I've also heard that the corolla bug eye has biger injectors so that will help with power

the ep95 (4x4starlet) mani looks the same as the fte mani but without the sensors and vac lines for the turbo.

a guy fatman

what i said.

i was told they are quite good compared to the standard 4efe starlet manifolds

what he said.

(Most certainly a myth. Testing showed significant gains across the board bolting on a 4e-fte manifold.

5e-fhe ACIS manifold is the best option by a long way, especially if you can rig the ACIS mechanism to switch at the right time. Genuine gains to be had, turbo and NA.)

That's wrong;

The EP95 has the same manifold as the Glanza S/Corolla.

The earlier EP85 has the 1st gen 4EFE which has the same manifold as the 4EFTE.

When you posted this on TGTT did you specify that it was for the N/A and not turbo, as they are mostly turbos over there, and the manifold from the Glanza S/Corolla isn't great on a 4EFTE.

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone!

I'm new here on Ukstarletclub. A great site by the way.

I'm a 22 years old student living in Lillehammer, Norway. I am currently in the process of buying a starlet 1997 modell. Therefore I've been doing a lot of research about what can be done to give the 75 hp starlet engine a bit more power, just to make the car a bit more fun. From what I've found, it seems like the mod that gives the most bang for buck is the switch to the corolla (86hp) intake manifold. I've read that a lot of people have done this and say it helps a lot. However, I have yet to see someone switch to Corolla ECU from the same corolla engine... As far as I know, the only differences between the 75 hp starlet and the 86 hp corolla is the manifold and the ECU. If so then you could have an 11 hp increase, and a 5 nm increase for almost no work at all...

Has anyone here tried this out?

Also... Is it difficult to change the manifold and ECU? Maybe someone could compose a guide?