Sound Deadening Spray? :s

the thing you`ve got to realise is no-one has ever tried to sound deaden a starlet before, quite the opposite most people strip the rear out etc etc to save weight. Anything you do with regards to sound deadening will be the first steps so input on whats good and whats not will be minimal....id go with a cheaper version of something similar to the dynamat and you cant go far wrong.

the thing you`ve got to realise is no-one has ever tried to sound deaden a starlet before, quite the opposite most people strip the rear out etc etc to save weight. Anything you do with regards to sound deadening will be the first steps so input on whats good and whats not will be minimal....id go with a cheaper version of something similar to the dynamat and you cant go far wrong.

yh would go with that, but this is just ALOT easier to do :rolleyes:

Im still waiting on you trying that stuff from B & Q :(

What happend with that idea?

i no man id love to do it, but in a few months my parents are getting rid my my starlet, and they are givin me a mk3 golf

(getting the golf for free)

:thumbsup: imma miss the starlet bareeeeee

A GOLF!? whattt?

Ah i see,

Why bother with the sound deadening if your just getting rid of it. Just put up with it for a few months i genuinly dont think starlets are that noisy on the road, unless you have some sort of hole in the rear end or spare wheel well because yours sounds like its annoying you. Go check :thumbsup:

Dale.

A GOLF!? whattt?

Ah i see,

Why bother with the sound deadening if your just getting rid of it. Just put up with it for a few months i genuinly dont think starlets are that noisy on the road, unless you have some sort of hole in the rear end or spare wheel well because yours sounds like its annoying you. Go check :thumbsup:

Dale.

really i find it really loud, with too much road noise. and the main reason i wanted sound deadening was that i have a subwoofer, and it shakes the car like crazy

ill go check 2morrow for any holes.

^Good to hear! :lol:

Better be a nice golf! lol :p

lol yh im gonna miss the speed of the starlet, cause a 1.4 heavy golf wont move lol, and it'll be worse on fuel B)

but being a mk3, its still not very common, it'll look good after a few mods and some 17" alloys and has a cracking sound system :wub:

Anup

What size wheel's have you got on the car ?? On my old swift all it had to deaden the sound was polystyrene sheets under the carpet, On standard 185/55/15 Wheel's/Tyre's it was fine, When i put 215/40/17 wheels/tyre's it was so annoying to drive from all the road noise,

The best thing to do would be to get Dynamat or similar and just put it over the wheel arches, under the carpet obviously lol and Also in the Spare wheel well It will reduce Road noise quite abit and it would be cheaper then putting sound deadening throughout the whole car!

Worked well on the swift ;)

Also look to see if any Grommets are missing in the Bulkhead this causes alot of interior noise aswel, And wear to the Rubber Door Seal's/Boot seal, Also if you have alot of rattle's coming from the Door cards ect, take them off and use black insulation tape to secure all of the Those switch's and wire's that are dangling around,

After doing all this to my Swift it was more like driving an Audi or BMW just had the odd 1 or 2 little rattle's but road noise was minimal :)

Why do you want it then? Because it's quieter?

Why not get a TDi? They'd be dirt cheap to run I'd imagine? (Bar the £200 tax :S)

are you crazy?

i dont fukin want it! my parents want to get rid of it! and cant resist not getting a free car!

ive driven a corsa diesel and it was bollocks apart from when your on the turbo boost which is like for 2 seconds and is right at the end of the rev range,

also driven a bmw 318is which was nice but my starlet felt more 'nippy' (cant explain it more :p)

starlets a really good first car as long as you dont mind the 'image', and it will keep up with most 1.6's if you rev it enough

i dont like TDi's unless its AMAZING, like the Audi A3 1.9 TDi 130 Quattro ;) (older shape)

im so disappointed that im getting rid of the starlet ;)

What size wheel's have you got on the car ?? On my old swift all it had to deaden the sound was polystyrene sheets under the carpet, On standard 185/55/15 Wheel's/Tyre's it was fine, When i put 215/40/17 wheels/tyre's it was so annoying to drive from all the road noise,

The best thing to do would be to get Dynamat or similar and just put it over the wheel arches, under the carpet obviously lol and Also in the Spare wheel well It will reduce Road noise quite abit and it would be cheaper then putting sound deadening throughout the whole car!

Worked well on the swift :D

Also look to see if any Grommets are missing in the Bulkhead this causes alot of interior noise aswel, And wear to the Rubber Door Seal's/Boot seal, Also if you have alot of rattle's coming from the Door cards ect, take them off and use black insulation tape to secure all of the Those switch's and wire's that are dangling around,

After doing all this to my Swift it was more like driving an Audi or BMW just had the odd 1 or 2 little rattle's but road noise was minimal :)

yh thats a good idea....when i get time ill do the insulation tape thing on the panel on the hatchback of the starlet, because it rattles like crazy wen i have my sub on.

are you crazy?

i dont fukin want it! my parents want to get rid of it! and cant resist not getting a free car!

ive driven a corsa diesel and it was bollocks apart from when your on the turbo boost which is like for 2 seconds and is right at the end of the rev range,

also driven a bmw 318is which was nice but my starlet felt more 'nippy' (cant explain it more :D )

starlets a really good first car as long as you dont mind the 'image', and it will keep up with most 1.6's if you rev it enough

i dont like TDi's unless its AMAZING, like the Audi A3 1.9 TDi 130 Quattro ;) (older shape)

im so disappointed that im getting rid of the starlet :p

yh thats a good idea....when i get time ill do the insulation tape thing on the panel on the hatchback of the starlet, because it rattles like crazy wen i have my sub on.

LOL okay that explains it :)

Forget Corsa diesels, VAG diesels are really good! Can't comment on the older MK3 ones, but I drove a 90bhp MK4 TDi and even that was decent! ;)

sell the golf.. keep the starlet? :)

parents wont allow me......and the worst thing was that i just found tte rear lowering springs and rsr front lowering spring, lowering about 25-30mm for £40 delivered! :)

its just killing me!

about this spray, i think it is just those things you use around pipes to fill the holes around your house, where you spray it then it expands and thats it, i'm thinking this has the same principal where u spray it, and it expands thus slowing the sound waves and stopping them from passing the gunky shit lol