Thinking Of Getting A N/a Supra... What You Think?

been wanting a supra for years now and i am really looking in to atm as i got a really good quotation of the insurance. no one else has ever gave me a quotation before becouse of age/power etc! whats your views on these n/a supras? handling? power response?what are they like to drive as there huge lol. i can imagine it been pretty great since its got a 3 litre engine and runing 240+ bhp stock i think.

does any one own one?? whats your views??

:lol:

i'd say get one. get used to driving it, have fun, and after a couple of years , if you still want it, you can either sell it and get a turbo one , or throw a "2jz no shit" engine in your current one.

i was lookin at supras for about 2 years so know them pretty well.

first off, the NA is realy slow. my vr6 absolutly anhialated one before. they are shite on fuel, and feel very very asmatic. standard power they are 220 bhp, and being NA u wont get a lot out of it. they are also over 1 1/2 tonnes to not exactly slim and athletic!

the turbo'd version is about twice the price for a nice example, and u will probs be lookin the same for insurance so im asuming that they are out your budget.

somthing else to think about is the price of autos.. they are a lot cheaper than the manuals normal. reason manuals make so much of a difference in price is that 24 out of 25 supras were made automatic as it is a luxury grand tourer.

Being a GT tho means it is uber comfy, everything is postioned for you, interiors (although dull) are realy nice and user friendly, and it will be quiet and refined to drive. this does have an effect on handling, u fill find it to roll like a right bastard in the corners.

If ure after the whole luxury sort of thing with them, maybe look at the aero top. these are all NA standard trim, unless converted as far as im aware. so the one in the fast and furious was rolling on NA power lol. these are a bit more special as it makes sumer driving better, also not seen around as much as other supras.

But on the whole the supra looks like an awsome car, and doesnt take much for it to be transformed into a peice of JDM art lol, but i think the running costs and lack of grunt in the NA spec compared to your gt, u will be much better off geting somthing smaller turbo'd ie 200sx (shamefull plug i know :) ) as they are about the same to run, come in out, available in touring trim, and not stupid money to insure one. bang for buck it will be better ;)

Just my 2p, hope this helps lol. any more questions let me know, my knowledge is quite extensive on them haha, so many hours spent looking them up! ure probs feeling the same way i was, and addicted to lookin at them!

my plan is to get a n/a supra keep it for couple years so i get more no claims then TT it so insurance wont be so bad and it will be afordable smile.gif i kno some one who will TT it for a very decent price so all is good, i would get the supra prepared for the TT by upgrading brakes,suspension etc etcsmile.gif tbh i am not botherd about all this huge amount of power yet anyways i want a more comfortable motor now, i have never drove a RWD car and the size of it lol so n/a will be a really good start. so this is going to be a project