• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes my bro said 'hopefully' but i'm going to book the tickets and drag his arse along!!

Anyway, got an accelerator cable holder thing made on to the inlet mani as it never stayed still before!

Engine fitting tomorrow, yayyy can't wait!!

Going to get busy with the paint on the weekend from a bunch of stuff on the old engine, then just transfer the bits on to the new block!!!

P.S Ordered a new mani cover as both the ones we have are snapped. New one was of a GT so didn't fit!!

4EFE Mani Cover WANTED!!

Sorry i havent updated, comps been down. My 21" TFT is bust and i've now got to use a shitty 17" brick monitor! Well better than nothing!

Well, i'll go through the big update step by step!

Wednesday 7th Feb - Old engine and gearbox out!

DSC01709.jpg

DSC01711.jpg

Inlet mani, Altenator, power steering pump, and other components transferred on to the new block. All belts changed including timing belt.

DSC01713.jpg

Thats it for the first day!

DSC01716.jpg

Thursday 8th Feb - New engine block in...

...which was after so much fcukin about with swapping engine mount holders over, which meant to remove all the water pump and pulley covers - A BIG b**tard!!

DSC01719.jpg

Another filter reloaction with air reservoir

Made this fron some hose reducers and Corolla airbox pipe:

DSC01720.jpg

Gearbox fitted

DSC01721.jpg

Friday 9th Feb

New dizzy cap fitted (BOTH of the other two broke!)

DSC01723.jpg

Driveshafts fitted. Engine oil, Gear oil, Power steering fluid and rad water all chucked in. Then the battery and filter.

DSC01728.jpg

Started it up to find a hole in the exhaust manifold, so fitted the old one on!

Its now complete and makes no ticking gay noises at ALL anymore. Haven't tested the performance side of things yet becuase of all of the snow - It sounds much better with that filter relocation now though!

Lol no way i didn't swap the engine myself!!! I just give a big helping hand!

The main work was done by my brother as he's doing a mechanics course and he knows most of the stuff.

We got a little stuck though and just gave my cousin a shout whos a pro at this stuff!