• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the way I have it works mate and I been thru nearly them all...

Have you not thought your apexi sucks in the hot air in the engine anyway besides the air feed.

I understand tho that running the apexi itself from the throttle body would not be good ;)

Joz

Lol thanks for comment Raffi, glad you like it!

Joz thanks for the advice, this reloaction may only be temporary ;)

And you say it sucks in hot air besides the air feed? Not in this case bro because i put my hand on the farside of the filter after a drive and it was cold, on the rad side it was quite warm though, thats why i need some aluminium, some transparent perspex and 3 cold air feeds, hopefully get down with that after the throttle body job.

Small update

Sprayed the Strut Brace White:

DSC01371.jpg

And i also took the door strips off!!!!!!

but....... i left the SR logos on :lol:

Will get some more logos made tomorrow though, as theres a gap where the strip use to be. But i've got to say it looks so much better and cleaner!

Also played with the throttle body sensors like mad! Got the revs to get down to 1500rpm from 2500! Still not right though, so i ordered a new gasket which we will fit tomorrow.

SR also needs a few lil things doing, such as sealing the front lip again, re-spraying the full front bumper, lacquering the roof and bonnet, cleaning little bits of Black paint off the door and spoiler and finally it needs T-Cut where the strips use to be because its gone all yellow with that caramel wheel thingy!!

Will get pics of the new look, and the strut brace fitted tomorrow! :p

Oli its a standard throttle body as the other one was ragged. Toyota ordered the wrong gasket, so will have to wait till tomorrow to fit that!

Sparky - its not all done yet, only have a couple of days for all this as the mods will pause when im back at school!!

Anyway, strut brace fitted:

DSC01387.jpg

(Filter relocation pipe will be fitted when the gasket is on) Funky red hose covers gone!

And heres a sneaky pic of how it looks without the door strips. Went to order some new graphics today, which will take a week or so, so there hopefully won't be any gap where the strips use to be. The Toms badge is also off the door. Will get better pics tomorrow.

DSC01365.jpg

:p:lol: well if it goes wrong then just blame me lol!!!! but i personally love the SR graphics! U dont see too many factory graphics these days, and i dont just mean on starlets, its refreshing to see some and some that are factory (style) original spec!!!! Lookin forward to seein these man!!!!!

Phil.

Yeah Phil thats true, hardly ANY modified SR has them graphics on. Hopefully theyll look nice, ive seen photoshops without them and it looks like another normal Starlet, we need that SR logo to represent its individuality :p

Also got one for the front and rear, still not too sure about the bonnet one though?

:p Hmm.. :lol:

Sounds pretty cool though :p I still want to get the original rear SR one which says 'Starlet' across it, but the dealers are useless for that stuff.

Also, seen as though UKSC now plays a big part in my life, i feel its essential to get some UKSC stickers for her. Where would i get them from? One on the windscreen and side window ones, just on top of the TGTT ones :lol: