• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it looks different and unique.

Some people have been thinking its bodged but I think once you get the laquer on it and sort out the bootlid etc, it will look much better. Also think carefully about what you do with the bump strips as that could make a big difference.

Good work wee man of many home mods, nice to see some daring work.

Joz

Lol thanks Jozzy, i agree it should look better with the lacquer - might get the lacquer with a mteal flake ;) - and yes, it was a very daring thing to do!!

Got a big plan for a new custom induction kit! Staying a secret for now though, and if i learn how to weld, i'll be making this induction kit with my own hands!!

Lol haha @ Sparky!!!!!

Hmm never know though, but i doubt it as this is my last term of school and i need to keep my head down. But hey we have a long break between the end of school and beginning of college, and i plan to do plenty of mods in that time!

Filter Relocation!

Well after trying to get hold of filter reloaction pipe for the SR, with no luck, i made one myself!!

Found a pipe in the garage, from a Civic, but both sides were too big for the Apexi's custom pipe and the throttle body, so popped down to A1 Autos for some reducers.

Played with the battery, as it was in the way. Wanted to stick it to the boot but had no time for it today!

So I moved the battery off its holder, and to the side. Obviosuly wasn't secure so I got some cable ties together and got it tied down to a few holes on the body, and its now VERY secure.

So once that was out of the way, i squeezed in the pipe, after joining it on to the Apexi pipe. Then i find out that the hole for the air sensor was in the wrong place. So got them holes covered up and make a new one.

Drilled a hole and popped a rubber bung in, air sensor fits perfectly:

DSC01346.jpg

DSC01344.jpg

And theres the filter, will make a custom air feed for it too, looks much better now too! Just need to do something about that gay battery now!

DSC01353.jpg

DSC01352.jpg

Anybody else got their filter relocated in their n/a?

Thanks for comments! Yeah Sparky that battery really needs to go!

Now the silly bitch keeps revving too much, accelarator cable is fine though. I think the spring in the throttle body is damaged as it looks really loose = New throttle body!

looks good mate. like the routing.

used to have mine relocated like this...

picture00101.jpg

and then like this with the apexi

bay2.jpg

and im sorry mate, but i just wouldnt trust a battery with those cable ties. those thinner ones arent as strong as you'd think!

Thanks Scutch,

The thin cables were the only things left in garage, will get some big fat ones for the battery!

I like the way you set up the Apexi, would get nothing but cold air, but the foam filter you had would just get hot air from the radiator, thats why i'm going to block ours off from the rad.