• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Phil, i might just get some made from a graphic place if someone tells me the font name?

Glad you're keeping the logos mate, nice work

hmmmm, an audi a4 tdi would destroy an NA Starlet, my mate's got one and it was far qiucker than my 5EFE, gives the turbo a run for it's money too because of the amount of torque it's got

Agreed. But what you expect my brother to do when some taxi driver, probs shit driver, trying it on a long dead road? I think he deserves to join that list :p

lol aye kicked it pretty hard this crimbo sorry for my absense lol

ive only just noticed your car after the reaspray in the voting section and think it looks totaly minted like that mate, realy fuckin smart without the laqure i think,

your so inspiration and i love your have a go atitude to things

i will be picking up some more stickers next wk once i get my hire car sorted and il get some fired straight down to you, closer to the time il get your address mate :p

Thanks for that boss, really glad you like the car!

And as for the stickers, don't rush, take it easyyyy, post them when your back up on your feet!

As for the Starlets progress, things aren't good:

The brake discs and pads we're wasted, so we picked up some new ones. Not drilled/grooved as of yet, as we're saving that money for exterior sides of things.

Anyway, try to open the passengers side front wheel, the worst thing happens: The locking nut SNAPPED!! B*stard or what??!!!

So I practically do EVERYTHING to try to get that wheel nut off while my brother changes the other side's brakes.

Well the result = NOTHING! Passenger's side brake disc makes funky noises at the moment, and theres not much that can be done. Will have to take it to a garage to get the nut open tomorrow.

Elsewhere, i took the side SR stickers off, ready for tomorrow's new ones, and i didnt think i'd ever say this, but I quite like the look of the car without them! (Sorry Phil) Also took them Apexi ones out of the side windows. Quite surprised how such little things make such big difference!

I think my brothers still getting the new SR stickers though, i'm still trying to force him out of it!

A few pics:

Before:

DSC01390.jpg

After:

DSC01391.jpg

A SHAGGED wheel nut!:

This is the FIRST bit of damage to these Enkei's, i seriously did nearly cry.

DSC01395.jpg

Sneaky pics of new look:

DSC01398.jpg

DSC01400.jpg

New SR Graphics Fitted

I didn't think i'd like them for some reason, probably because I thought they wouldn't look standard and maybe abit tacky, but I suppose I was wrong! I'll let the pics talk now!

DSC01404.jpg

DSC01403.jpg

The Rear (Hideous, Will hunt an original one down to replace it!):

DSC01402.jpg

The wheel nut's also off, my ENEMY:

DSC01408.jpg

Share your thoughts please!

:p

Mr Badger i knew you would like them, and that comment has made my day! :p

Sparky my friend no need to worry about the TGTT stickers, UKSC will replace them as soon as Geo is up on his feet to post them to us, that actually makes so many people ask if its a Turbo! And that rear SR one is staying there haha (i mean for a few hours probs)

Thanks for the comments lads!

:p Cheers Mr G, glad you went through all the thread at once to see the 'real' difference from the beginning of the mods!

Credit to UKSC? Wooohooooo, you don't know how that much means to me!!

Good luck with spraying up the little bits on 'hers', and give me a shout if you need help, i'll pop round to urs in 5 :p

:p :P :p :P :p :P

This week's Update!

Well i woke up early today just to spray her cam cover! Ive done a 'How to' also.

Before

DSC01416.jpg

After

DSC01436.jpg

Notice i also fitted the relocation pipe, which was removed again a few hours later as its supposably 'Makes the revs go high' as my brother says, so going to leave it off and probs just make a nice air feed for where it sits now!

I even made a proper cold air feed for it from the standard one, would have worked perfectly:

(Was going to spray it tomorrow but no need to now)

DSC01432.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Colour Coded Mirrors:

Sprayed these on Sunday morning, ready for the Starlet meet, till it bloody started raining and the paint fcuked up. Will have to do them again!

DSC01541.jpg

They make a good difference though, much better than the old black ones!!

Glanza Spoiler:

Got this off Jay, top man, recieved it in top nick, didn't even need a respray which saved time!

Just fitted it today, the masking tape is holding it till the glue dries! Also need to wire the brake light up yet, we're going to have 4 brake lights hehe!!

No Spoiler:

DSC01537.jpg

A Hundred Times Better:

DSC01545.jpg

Re-Fitted Reflet Clusters

When I fitted them the first time, I had to use White Stikkaflex as nothing clear was in hand, to be honest they looked quite tacky as it showed through the lens, they was also quite loose! So I ripped them apart and fitted them again with clear sealent today!

Before:

DSC01539.jpg

After:

DSC01546.jpg

(Agian, the tape is there till they've dried.)

New Pics:

Also got a few more photos today, even though the car was kind of dirty but i wasn't convinced that the paint job has been showed properly! Will hopefully lacquer it on Saturday!

DSC01551.jpg

DSC01552.jpg

DSC01543.jpg

DSC01550.jpg

DSC01544.jpg

DSC01547.jpg

DSC01548.jpg

DSC01549.jpg

DSC01545.jpg

Looking great Idrees (no....not you, the car you fool :lol:)

The Glanza spoiler suits your car so well, still loving your handy paintwork skills

(looks far better with the colour coded mirrors too :D )

No worries bout the Green thing though, will have one on mine soon enough :D :D :D