6x9s In Parcel Shelf

did a search for this but there where no answers to the questions.

i would like to know how to wire the 6x9s into the head unit?

i did a bit of looking on google aswell and splicing came up alot, is this easier, but safe?

and any pictures of where they go into the headunit if being done that way?,

mechanically im not too bad but electrically im a cretin

ive gotta 98 sportif, and i also read that there mite already be wires there, but no speakers because they wasnt added on as optional extras when it can out of the factory?

any help please?

cheers dudes

i've just rewired my back speakers as the cabling was shite. should be able to work out on the connector block back of the headunit which outputs are for rear speakers usually has some small writing or tags on the wires saying whats what. just run some wire from there to the back, or pop the panel off in the boot and check if theres any wires there already (was like this in my gf's corsa)

• 1 month later...

just to let you all know there were already wires on the back of the connector block so i ran some wire from there under the centre console and under the carpet, put them behind the rear arch plastics and then up through the strut hole thingys, shuda done a guide on how 2 tbh, i think im gunna make 1 2moro.

thats what i had to do, i had no wires in the back either but some starlets came with rear speakers :S

just to let you all know there were already wires on the back of the connector block so i ran some wire from there under the centre console and under the carpet, put them behind the rear arch plastics and then up through the strut hole thingys, shuda done a guide on how 2 tbh, i think im gunna make 1 2moro.
thats what i had to do, i had no wires in the back either but some starlets came with rear speakers :S

romove the rear speakers connector (2green wires 2 purplewires i think) put the radio on to make sure you have taken the right onse out. (nothing should be any different)

if it works, either put some crimps in the end of the rear speaker connector terminal, or cut strip and twist a wire and connect your speaker wire to the rear speaker connector (may want to aviod butchering connectors) but i stripped the wire and put a little terminal blcok in place.

run the wire to your amp or to your 6X9's

this might not make any sence, send me a pm if not.

im on a electronics apprentiship so a know a few things about this stuff. and i wired in a sub last week so i went through all of this confusing crap.

sounds much better now, ive got alpines in the front and im unsure of the make of the back 1s but they awsome none the less lol, i wanted some bass but i didnt want a sub, and the best part about it was that they were free lmao and so where the wires i used to wire them up :)

• 3 months later...