I Have The Best Idea Lol

For months and months i have been wanting a better exhuast for my glanza, My standard one is bollocks and sounds shit! I want something loud because mine is auto and i like loud exhausts on autos lol.

What i want to do is remove the back box and just put a bit of piping and make it into a straight through LOL

Will this work atall?

What are the downsides performance wise, i won't loose any will i?

ive heard of straight through middle sections but dont think ive ever seen no back box.. would probably be stupidly loud; the type that people turn round n go... "gay" lol

not a starlet but you get the idea

edit - obviously there won't be 4 tips coming from the back of my car lol, but i seriously think this is awesome idea!! will sound sweeeeeet

i will have to remove the backbox to listen to how loud and stuff it is!

I got this idea from my bro lol, His mercedes E300 diesel backbox rusted off lol and it sounded sweet, I remember him driving it like that for a while untill he had the mot where he got a new box.

It's pointless as you'll still have the restriction of the diameter of the exhaust system. What's the point of increasing flow right at the end of the system when the rest of it is restrictive?

i have a straight through pipe on my Glanza - 2.5" straight from manifold back.

no backbox or anything, looks similar to the buddyclub spec 2, and isn't half as loud as you might think.

it burbles at lower revs but has quite a nice noise once you put your foot down.

i have a straight through pipe on my Glanza - 2.5" straight from manifold back.

no backbox or anything, looks similar to the buddyclub spec 2, and isn't half as loud as you might think.

it burbles at lower revs but has quite a nice noise once you put your foot down.

Nice!! I love the screaming noise when you put your foot down. :thumbsup:

Ste, I am not really bothered about power to be honest, as long as it doesnt perform any slower. At the moment it sounds like any ordinary car no sound from the exhaust :D

the only reason i got the exhaust was the one that was on the car when i bought it was literally a piece of scaffold pipe welded onto an existing piece of exhaust. obviously it rusted and made the whole caruntidy, it sounded nice though so i just had a custom stainless system made to replace it.

there are louder exhausts out there, if you want that sort of thing??

i dont want it extremely loud though, i finish work at 12-1.30am and driving on a fri/sat/sun night out of town i get followed home by cops almost everytime.

I am serious about this one, i want to do it.

Is it possible to just disconnect the backbox as in unbolt it from where ever it is connected at the most rearest place. Untill i can afford some piping to connect it up and make the fumes go out of the back.

What happens if the fumes are realeased under the car. Any thing melt or corrode?

I had no back box for a few weeks, nothing happened. The pipe ended just over the axle, but it wasn't secured, so I had to secure it to the axle to stop it from rattling

buddy clubs are straight through(ish) but have been designed in a specific manner so not to loose to much back pressure but at the same time keep the exhaust velocity at the correct stage.

just putting a 2.5" pipe through will be the biggest pile of crap ever!... you will loose torque and will just make a major bad sound.

I have a 3.5" straight through buddyclub on my mr2 so believe me i know about noise and exhaust flow... dont do it mate, it will make your car drive and sound SHIT!

i dont want it extremely loud though, i finish work at 12-1.30am and driving on a fri/sat/sun night out of town i get followed home by cops almost everytime.

Also reading that bit :)... you must be delirious! lol. mate it will be so loud, you best carry lube for the permanent bum raping you will get from the coppers.

they hate mine soo much.

^^^ :) :)

i would seriously consider something else mate when doing your exhaust.

dont forget the sound from when inside the car and the sound when seeing a car go past are totally different.

the there is a certain rev range between 2000-2500rpm it will feel like your ears are going to explode, trust me its not nice.

but its up to you, see how it goes and let us know what you think.

Also reading that bit :)... you must be delirious! lol. mate it will be so loud, you best carry lube for the permanent bum raping you will get from the coppers.

they hate mine soo much.

^^^^^ is sooo right

i did a topic on this a while ago i have a blitz nur spec on mine didnt have the silencer in it was going round town 30mph copper pulled me said it was too loud, £30 fine and told me if i get caught again without the silencer in id get 3 points for having an illegal mod, please remember coppers always target motorists as they are easy targets especially young ones, you will get pulled for this mate as it will be ridiculously loud, and no matter what you say i did lots of reaserch into this they CAN give you points for it, as its louder than standard an therefore an illegal modification :)