What Tyre Sizes Have People Got On There Lowered Starlet?

hi guys, wasnt sure what section to put this in really but here goes

since ive lowered my car on gmax 40mm springs on standard glanza shocks the right rear tyre wall rubs on the edge of the arch lip when ive got even one person sometimes in the back, only when i go over dips in the road and that but if i was travelling at speed and it popped my tyre or something then id have a problem!

my current tyres are 195/50/r15 and my alloys as you all probably know by now are speedlines from the SR, which as standard come with 195/45/r15

so what i was wondering is would changing the tyres to 195/45/r15 solve it or otherwise i could change to 185/50/r15 if theyll go on the alloy, also has anybody ever had the same problem?

sorry for the essay but i had to explain it all haha

cheers all, Mark

I'm lowered 40mm on 50 profile 15"s, but I don't think it's ever happened to me

I think you can sort the problem by buying an adjustable panhard rod. I can't really explain it, but lowering the car makes the rear wheels pop out to one side, in your case the right wheel. I think mines the same but it hasn't rubbed

when i had my speedlines on they were 195/45/15 and right down on coilovers i had no problems!

now i have 16s though (195/45) it scrubs on the rear and the coilovers have seized to raise it :D lol something else to sort!

Panhard rods for the starlets are universal (GT and Glanza and N/A) as they all share the same axles.

I'd recommend the RSR which I use myself. From what I've read over the years the Whiteline are harder to fit as they have tighter bushes.

It may cost a little more but it is a quality piece of jdm kit that does the job perfectly.

Davehart who I know is selling one RSR. These are usually imported from Japan and its at a very good price.

All depends on what you're willing to spend and what products/brands you want on your EP.

Joz

My springs are supposedly -40mm, I don't have the problem of rubbing on the back even though I'm on 195/50/15's, but then again the back isn't quite as low as the front.

I sometimes get a bit of scrubbing on the front if cornering hard, I didn't ever get it when I had my old 45 profiles.

Personally I'm not a fan of 50 profiles, 45's felt much better to drive with even though it made bumps feel a bit more crashy.

lowered but god knows how much on 195/50/15 with 38 offset drivers side rear rubbed till i got whiteline adjustable panhard which had tight bushes but was easy to fit really easy but offset of your wheels can affect rubbing too.

I dont have a problem on either car with 50 profiles thats weird, and im also on speedlines.

Maybe your rear shocks are tired and allow the suspension to travel more on bumps making it scrub?