nazzurro19 - now ended - sold

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no mate, just undo the cable underneath and pull it up inside and out the slot and push it down. :) you dont half like making work for yourself!

have you bought all the cable new or are some new and some old?

well on the handbrake bit is a tiny bit of metal and i had to bend it so i was in a mood and ripped it all out ! weight reduction ya see :)

haha well the right side is brand new , now the front bit will be brand new , left side is only a year old

i dont get why the handbrake wasnt making the right wheel any harder to turn :) i wish there was a rear brake upgrade lol

right, put the cables on, jack the rear up and take the wheels off, undo the caliper from the carrier so you can see the main piston but dont undo the cable or anything. then get a mate to pull the handbrake up and down and whilst you look at the piston and see if it moves or not when the handbrake is applied.

you must be missing somthing simple mate. at the end of the day its 3 cables and a lever, its cave man enginering! :)

ughaah buggah lol well its beating me to the point of a breakdown and crying ! lol

if the piston moves in and out then the caliper is ok if the piston does nothing a new caliper ?

dont be daft about breaking, like i said its cave man technology if you carnt figure it out then GTFO of a car! :):)

yea, if they move then there fine, which then points the fingure at either discs or pads. if i dont move, undo the cable from the caliper and pull arm that the cable pulls with some pliers and check if the piston moves, if it does the caliper is fine and its cables or just as simple as the cables arnt set up tight enough ect. .

just work though it logically mate, its simple process of elimination to figure out whats faulty or broke!

ughaah buggah lol well its beating me to the point of a breakdown and crying ! lol

if the piston moves in and out then the caliper is ok if the piston does nothing a new caliper ?

have you wound all the pistons back?

checked that you haven't got air in the brake line?

checked the cables are all free moving?

if i had more then £30 to get the car sorted in less then a week i recon id be ok about it lol but atm im in overdrive/panic mode

but cheers daz ill try it , and if the pistons fine and cables are fine then ill have to change pads n discs

and then if it still dont GAME OVER lol

right cool have you check the brakes worked when you moved the arm that connects to the hand brake cable?

as this could be stuck,

sorry if this sounds patronising but i just trying to think what it could be as there not much that can go wrong on the handbrake set up,

i havent tried moving it myself i only put the handbreak on watche the arm move then spun the wheel

ill shut it with a screwdriver as far as it will go tonight and see if the wheel stil spins

all 3 clips are on i checked that altho one of them doesnt have a screw in cause the actual screw has no thread left and neither does the random shape metal bit (closest clip to handbrake stick)

if it turns out the caliper is fooked inside and the arm isnt engaging the piston properly some how or what ever then pm me your address and i will post you a rear caliper for what ever side you need from my old v (they worked fine) ill cover postage ect :) DO NOT BREAK THIS GT!!!!

shorty u made me cry lol u either appreciate my hardwork etc or ya just dont wana see a starlet die lol!

i nay take you up on the caliper offer but id pay postage as i would feel bad if not :)

also couple pics

cable fully retracted

52f03f2a.jpg

then pushed in as far as possible

0c38f499.jpg

and yet the wheel spins :p

im tryin to love her again :D , everytime i drive i keep going to put the handbreak on/off lol

is there a way of tighting the handbreak at the caliper end does anyone know? a bolt to tighten etc

well i am now 99% sure on breaking this car! one more little thing goes wrong and its defo dead!! lol

ill explain , so obviously trying to improve the mot bits i borrowed some shocks off a mate nice easy job went well i was happy until i saw this !

i dont get why they failed ?

f06db9be.jpg

although now the car looks like its on stilts haha

0d75d3ad.jpg

7287a320.jpg

so after that i fitted the new front handbrake cable , tidied it up all went well so next i was going to put my new polybush mounts in the wishbone .... BANG !! snapped the drop link !! WTF i hate this car atm lol

9aea5d74.jpg

even the lil pillar ball mount thing snapped too so now i need to replace that which isnt a big job (i take it thats a droplink??)

argh !! basicaly so now im guna pay a garage to fit the wishbone bushes as i cant be bothered to anymore

:)