nazzurro19 - now ended - sold

yes there is, as far as i understand the 5e pistons have a +3cc dome on the top of the piston, which would give you a higher compression ratio, if you up the compression ratio you redues the engine lag, so to drive it off of boost, would feel like a n/a car,

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any head work needed? i wudnt mind less lag lol

you dont need any head work but it all helps, and if you run a td04 on a std 5e that would be nuts! i dout there would be any engine lag,

but i dont know of any one that has run std 5e pistons with a tdo4

Talk about going off topic Nazz mate, Fuck engine talk and get that caliper sorted! If you remove the rubber seal around the piston and pump the brake (when the caliper is off) slowly so that the piston begins to show itself. You will be able to have a look and see the piston body. This should be a clean and shiny surface, if there is a ring of rust or its pitted or dirty then thats more than likely why its not working. Polish it up with some sand paper so its nice and smooth again and then try it on again.

Be carefull with the rubber seal as they tend to go all soft and tear easily. I did this for the old van because one of the brakes was binding. 1 hour job back down and she went through the test again!

• 2 weeks later...

right car is still not mot worthy but i am going to my mates tomoz as he has more tools then me so we are guna and i mean guna do the wishbones :( then its just the caliper left , its been rainy everyday last week so i havent had time

i am 100% not breaking the car and i still love it :D lol

also i got a new job so now im not gettins paid peanuts so more mods, more power and more luxaries will be building up month by month again ;) this project will hit 220-230 by end of this year atleast

right car is still not mot worthy but i am going to my mates tomoz as he has more tools then me so we are guna and i mean guna do the wishbones :) then its just the caliper left , its been rainy everyday last week so i havent had time

i am 100% not breaking the car and i still love it :) lol

also i got a new job so now im not gettins paid peanuts so more mods, more power and more luxaries will be building up month by month again ;) this project will hit 220-230 by end of this year atleast

Aye its just tucked over that lip mate! Just have to be gentle with it!

its the 17mm captive nut n bolt may need some cutting and welding into the chassis etc , i need to try find a garage to do it but they all mainly quick fit n national crappy garages etc lol

talk about problems ive now got a ripped oil feed return

d602ecc0.jpg

and the wastegate has been digging a chunk out of the radiator ! gash lol

but as a temp fix ive cut a silicon 3 ply join and put a bit of it between the wastegate and rad so that should stop it :)

ok so today i am 50/50 on breaking the car once again

i traveled down to tm developments they sorted my car i got it home and now im stil having problems with mot/wishbone ! i really am devastated also wasted £22 on locking nuts due to my tool snapping ! its just problem after problem no rest, and i really aint enjoying my car atm :harhar:

although i did get these through :D , but cant fit em aint got no double sidey foam tape ! :D

GENUINE!

b34ee335.jpg

sorry dude i thought i sent it ! u inbox been full? lol

well the caliper did indeed work dude i now have a handbrake but ..... we had to cut a hole in the chassis to sort the wishbone problem, and no garage will weld it so my friend did his best to weld and the rest i covered in tiger seal and painted in undercoat , so hopefully will pass mot saturday

also shorty i left ya an appreciation feedback thingy :p

ok so after the massive hassles ive been having with the car i have now got it sorted and booked in for a re-test tomorrow at 10:45 !

ive had to cut n weld the chassis , to fix the wishbone bolt but we couldnt weld it all up so ive had to do this as a cover up

before

6c02678c.jpg

after

326a3e89.jpg

ive sinced undercoated it so it all matches the rest of the carr so surly its not guna be picked up ! but im still doubtfal

and after all that hassle all it was for was to replace a bush lol

6fef02df.jpg

nice superPRO bushes haha least now the front feels solid and much much better , all new droplinks bushes and ALK :lol:

and also after dave@tmdevelopments did the work which failed the same day he did offer me £25 back as a refund :wub: was hoping for the £50 but oh well least ya learn by ya mistakes , i wasted my time and money

ill update you all tomoz to see if i passed

Good luck mate!

Did you smooth it all over before under sealing it? Or leave it like a prickly hedgehog?! :lol:

haha yeah i smoothed it all out with a piece of card i reckon ill hve to invest in a jack that raises higher lol it was a bit tight getin under the cAr in the road lol

road kill! :wub:

good luck mate and i will finish the bit for this weekend and get it back to you asap,

ahhh good man B) secret mod coming soon then lol :wub: