nazzurro19 - now ended - sold

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If stupidly tight then yea, just back it off a touch then :)

Should there not be a hole in the shaft for a split pin aswell? Give it a tighten up with a power bar and if there is a hole line it up and fit a split pin bud!

ro55ifumi has wrapped his ramhorn mani really nicely, have a look at how he did it :)

I think if you wrap it all uniformly leaving no gaps, it should be okay, even if the spaces between the runners are different

Thank you and as already stated wrap in pairs :p start from the turbo flange end an finish at block end

Soak the wrap in water before applying an wear gloves :(

John

ive been doing it up tight but then it keeps coming loose an it does have a split pin also , its whats confusin me lol !

i used gloves last time n it still made me itchy haha, ill have to do it on sunday now , ill need some more stainess ties too , and im hoping ive got enough wrap , it will be ok to take off wet and do it again dya think?

i dint wet wrap last time does it matter? cause if it does ill have to re-do decat too

well ive now odered some more SS ties and some oil and coolant

i went for the Millers Oils XSS 10-40w for the engine oil and fuchs ESKIMO for the coolant :rolleyes:

now lastly i need a bend for the airfilter 55mm for td04 to the airfilter which im not sure on the size lol

nothing too intresting just been a busy day

i had a call to pick up my welded turbo - excited much yes!! lol

00022ac0.jpg

so then on arrival at home i saw a big box with an envelope on top

the box contained these two lovely items

8074a3b8.jpg

and then in the envelope came SS so i can re do my dodgy wrap attempt ( will be done sunday )

also some spare for the 30m of wrap for the exhaust lol

ea2ce37d.jpg

also got given this, which i hope will suffice as an oil feed return

0e383e3f.jpg

and then i decided to go poundland , to buy more gloves for heatwrap and some sponge rollers so i could finish painting the boot

1st layer

18973460.jpg

2nd layer ;) thanks to the missus

ac1a9b2e.jpg

depends on how this drys i may do a third layer

and lastly i am now complete so 100% ready to fit my td04 and £3000 worth of goodys lol

5b53a8e0.jpg

i am currently on the lookout for plug n play 460ish cc injectors

thanks for reading the essay lol

Nearly there then.....

haha yeah , hopefully fit it all without a hitch drive round til august and then get a mapping ecu

probs guna go to dave@tmd for a dastek uni chip Q

i literally just need injectors , fuel pump, then mapping

although plug n play comeing up cheap lately like £350-£400

My 460's will be for sale, away for the weekend so PM you when I am back

i hope ya not breaking ya whole car ! lol

PM me about the ECu if your interested, to be honest its the last part of my starlet left need it gone :thumbsup:

yeah will do bud , just guna sort out and find out some info on em and td04 etc

right so after messing up my first attempt at heat wrap i redid it using a bucket of water and alot of patience

piece of advice to people - dont bother wrapping lol ITS FREAKING HARD

anyway looky look

0493f2ff.jpg

7069bf7c.jpg

and

im contemplating going for a plug n play as a couple have come up cheap and i cant afford a map and ecu til end of august so this will tie me over til i can afford to buy a better ecu injectors etc

whats peoples opinions? IAMLEGEND loves his

also best news yet

IM STARTING THE PROJECT THIS FRIDAY NIGHY AND HOPING TO END SUNDAY SO PEOPLE BEWARE OF THE HELP THREADS LOL

:thumbsup:

right so tonight i started the car ;) excited much - YES!!

well got the car up on all 4 axle stands , and started to strip the radiator , manifold, turbo , down pipe , all gaskets , water oil lines , all the neccasary parts and now just left with what i need to fit

so 2moz (friday night) hopefully get the manifold on and the turbo etc all bolted up , sandwhich plate sensors and gauges fitted

then saturday wrap the exhaust bolt everything up properly get all the wiring connected and set up , find a place for the gauges and controller , strip old gauges etc then hopefully be finished and connect it all up fit the rad and put the fluid and engine oil in then start her up

or if not sunday will be the test day ;)

only got a couple of crap pics

boxes full of awesomeness

22a3393f.jpg

how the car started

6262d3e0.jpg

and how it finished after 2 hours later

761e04fc.jpg

and the car now flying ;) with powaaahh

e5ccd1a0.jpg

haha long time its only taking me 7 months to get all the parts together lol !

cheers guys and sparky you know your guna keep it and get it mapped ;) so shhh lol

plus ive brought a bargain of an ecu

got a emanage blue , with ignition harness, injector harness and field harness for the 82 so literally plug and play and away i go for a mapping plus a walbro 255lph pump delivered including fess of £310 <-------- bargain ?

it aint :'( lol

i just need 5 o clock to hurry up so i can do some more on the car then 2moz on the car then sunday it either blows up , cluctch goes i crash or ......

i use a shit load of money on fuel lol

right so again 2night went to my mates to start on the car ,

first of all removed the FMIC just to give us more space

9b252fa3.jpg

then we angle grinded the bottom rad brackets off to fit the new civic rad

90d3c478.jpg

then we decided to fit the sandwich plate (which would later kill the night)

so we started to grind away at the PAS bracket, eventually got it grinded down enough

31e384a3.jpg

, measure up with the plate all fitted fine n dandy , then dipped the rubber ring in old oil to make a seal and what happens .....? now the rubber has made it like 3mm to thick so the 3/4unf now doesnt fit !! like seriously WTF !!

so basically tonight was wasted on trying to get the sandwich plate to fit

now tomorow means going to buy a new one :) whats a waste of a night and money

so now car aint guna be done by tomoz and ill be lucky if its done by sunday

oh and also decided to sort out the horrible tacky yellow , primer all over my front bumper,so shud make the car look ok in pics lol

1660c2ce.jpg