Track Car Ideas

my mate is selling a valved axgti, but too mint for th track to be honest, personally, i'd go for a 205 gti, my old track cars are all them, either a throttle bodied mi16, or a carbed 1.9, 1.6 box, one of the best handling track cars you will get, even standard they are awesome

any more info on the ax?i remember one at knockhill with a vts engine in it it was rapid

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its a white one mate, might still be on pistonheads, its a very nice wee car,

here, http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1548205.htm

i nearly bought it as a road car for myself, the interior is spotless in it, and she's a nippy we car, but like i said, i think its too good for the track.

i see what your saying now lol its spotless itl probably be next month wel get something unless something comes up we cant refuse

well sparky and ste i agree,

172 are french ,,if aint jap its crap,scrap :harhar:

mate u want a EG stripped out to the maximum i mean door cards the lot!

u wana take every window out and replace with polycarbonate which weighs fuck all

nice set of aluminium wheels (infact expensive lol ) light wheels of any sort

then the rest of cash on downforce and suspension components :)

oh yea b18c1 :)

aye, as i said, shes too nice for the track. the wee ax your on about, its not the supercharged one is it? used to be in a saxo.

nah im sure it was just a vts engine...

weve been offered a saxo vts around a 2000/2001 with a full stainless and its been lowered thats all loads of receipts with it.our mate is taking it as a px hes looking for 700 for it i dont know much about them but does anyone know what we could get from it with our budget?i remember them being quite quick standard and handle fairly well

also been looking at a eg 1.5 turbo civic 215brake hks coilovers and a few other bits but its slightly over budget

any opinions?

Guest Enzo

im biased,

early 90-92 gt turbo stipped to 710 kilos ( im mean strip everything) you can buy them from as little as 700 sterling

spend the rest on making it handle and stop.

im biased,

early 90-92 gt turbo stipped to 710 kilos ( im mean strip everything) you can buy them from as little as 700 sterling

spend the rest on making it handle and stop.

i just have the feeling id need to spend alot on it to get it to handle anywhere near as good as some of the other cars then abit more power and get it to brake well im not a gt fan either lol

a 1.9 205 would be better than that rallye, and would cost atleast a grand less. you can buy an mi16 205 for under 2k now.

what "fast road" cams are in the tu5jp? people always claim cams, but then say they wer told that when they bought the engine.

a 106 or a gti would be good.

mate you could get a vts for 700, then the rest of your budget would get you some cams, standard pulleys are adjustable, AT DTH TB's are very cheap, 800 or so, and a predator ecu, and he will map it, that should call 170 bhp, in a saxo, around a track, you will piss people off, if its only for track, see if you can get hold of a 1.4 xsi box, or a 1.3 rallye box, well worth the mod,

i used to own a red xsi, 16v, xsi box, newmans ph3 cams, and it was unreal on the back roads, my mate now on the car, and its got a TB'd gmc built race engine. and it will make most people chase it round knockhill.

a 1.9 205 would be better than that rallye, and would cost atleast a grand less. you can buy an mi16 205 for under 2k now.

what "fast road" cams are in the tu5jp? people always claim cams, but then say they wer told that when they bought the engine.

a 106 or a gti would be good.

mate you could get a vts for 700, then the rest of your budget would get you some cams, standard pulleys are adjustable, AT DTH TB's are very cheap, 800 or so, and a predator ecu, and he will map it, that should call 170 bhp, in a saxo, around a track, you will piss people off, if its only for track, see if you can get hold of a 1.4 xsi box, or a 1.3 rallye box, well worth the mod,

i used to own a red xsi, 16v, xsi box, newmans ph3 cams, and it was unreal on the back roads, my mate now on the car, and its got a TB'd gmc built race engine. and it will make most people chase it round knockhill.

found out its a t plate vts dont know if theres any difference in the years bar the new front,

do you know alot about them?id probably b best to get some better discs and pads and sus before going for tb's etc maybe put a mani and some other bits first and get it near 150brake

That EG looks pretty awesome mate,

Have you considered a N/A Starlet at all they can be bought for like £150

hadnt really not much power for a track car .really stuck on what to do,like the idea of being able to get the vts next week but to get even 170 brake from it its gonna cost alot whereas buying something like that civic its already there and are known to handle well out the box

thats the thing tho, its what you want to build.

french cars, i know enough about, its what i worked with for about 8 years before the starlet, never ever owned the saxo, but it and the 106 are the same, bar the saxo being a tiny bit lighter. engines are strong, there good we cars, and stadard you would have fun on the track.

get yourself on saxp, there is a lovely white track vts there, not alot of power, but i'd recomend it, as even without the power, knockhill is pretty ideal for a wee car like that, they love the twisties

thats the thing tho, its what you want to build.

french cars, i know enough about, its what i worked with for about 8 years before the starlet, never ever owned the saxo, but it and the 106 are the same, bar the saxo being a tiny bit lighter. engines are strong, there good we cars, and stadard you would have fun on the track.

get yourself on saxp, there is a lovely white track vts there, not alot of power, but i'd recomend it, as even without the power, knockhill is pretty ideal for a wee car like that, they love the twisties

i feel its probably gonna be our best option its cheap to start so could get it asap

my thoughts so far are to get it and get a set of cheap coilies a mani cams and some induction a set of decent discs and pads and a set of r888's and see where we go from there that would be well within budget i recon and rip all the unneeded parts out perspex windows etc

its gonna be alot cleaner than any 205 nova etc for about the same money imo

well, when you get the saxo, make sure before you hand cash over, you lift the boot carpet, axle mounts, inner arches if its had the spashguards removed,

check the back axle

wheels should be like this [-----] if they are like this /-----\ Then the back axle is shot,/

coilovers for the front only, back is axle,no springs, so only need a good set of billy b8's or summit similar.

well, when you get the saxo, make sure before you hand cash over, you lift the boot carpet, axle mounts, inner arches if its had the spashguards removed,

check the back axle

wheels should be like this [-----] if they are like this /-----\ Then the back axle is shot,/

coilovers for the front only, back is axle,no springs, so only need a good set of billy b8's or summit similar.

as far as i am aware the back axle has recently been done going to see it on sat so will find out then...

Guest Enzo

check the back axle

great advice thanx for sharing!

Have you thought about a Proton Satria GTi?

My brother road rally's one and I've owned one so I can say from experience they are a great little car.

Can be bagged for £700 upwards now too!

i had actually lotus developed aswell and a evo lump goes straight in :) il have a hunt around and see if there is any local if not wel just go for the vts if its a good one