you will notice the difference when the cars lowered.i sticks to the road better.even with just lowering springs.30-40mm should be just right.or you could try and find some SR ones.ill have a look around the web to see if i can find any.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got a new filter today

makes it sound a whole lot better and the acceleration is on the up slightly

got myself confused though on what i should do with, what i assume is a sensor, that plugs in to the original filter box

at the moment its just hanging but im not sure what it is so dont know if thats ok to do i assume it should be fine though but if anyone knows could you let me know please

anyway picture:

PICT0009.jpg

might have to try that out

just been out and gone over it with the wire brush and a bit of H2O for now

looks better already but there was some nasty bits of dirt on there

possibly limescale if thats possible

i would get the sensor back in mate. it sensors the air flow in the intake pipe and sends signals to the ecu. it works fine without it in but its best to get it in there to keep everything running at its best.

filter looks cool, and although its not that bad under there it will look nice with the rocker cover done.

Nice, looks exactly like my cousins purple one under the bonnet! Same colour body, same filter, same filthyness (joke!!) and same colour battery!!

Hang on...you sure thats your car? :p

Get that cam cover sprayed mate it'll look nice :p

And like Keirz said, i'd get the sensor back in. Cut a hole in the air pipe and just stick it in there, making sure its nice and tight and won't fly out of course!!

its clean now anyway i attacked it with a wire brush and it even got commented on by my mate how clean it looked

some kid said it sounded like a subaru aswell?!?! couldnt see it myself

yeah i want to chrome my rocker cover and i was thinking of getting a cold air feed pipe (the flexihose stuff) and yes im sure its my car :)

oh and on the sensor side of things i removed to airbox to make way for the new filter so i cant plug it back in

at the moment its just hanging next to the filter, what has everyone else dont with theirs?

• 2 weeks later...
its clean now anyway i attacked it with a wire brush and it even got commented on by my mate how clean it looked

some kid said it sounded like a subaru aswell?!?! couldnt see it myself

yeah i want to chrome my rocker cover and i was thinking of getting a cold air feed pipe (the flexihose stuff) and yes im sure its my car :)

oh and on the sensor side of things i removed to airbox to make way for the new filter so i cant plug it back in

at the moment its just hanging next to the filter, what has everyone else dont with theirs?

Made a hole in the pipe and stuck it in. I think you need this adapter thingy to make it work like that though? Because my brothers SR's sensor is different to mine, its like a pin whereas mines like a block, he said its because his has an adaptor?

had a bit of a mishap today :p:):p

story is my wheels were juddering a bit when i put the new ones on and i put it down to they might need balancing

so i got them balanced and it didnt really help

anyway on the way home they started getting quite bad and then my car skidded out of control and i hit the central reservation

luckily i hit no other cars and no one was injured so that was lucky and its all cosmetic damage and still drives fine and i have changed the wheels back because i dont want it happening again

heres some pictures

08-03-07_1711.jpg

08-03-07_1710.jpg

08-03-07_1709.jpg

Very harsh Woody man.

But good to know that no-one was injured.

Like I said, hope you can restore it to its former glory.

Try and get the wheel problem sorted tho, doesnt sound right.

All the best.

Joz

its fine with the original wheels on mate

it was just them wheels it was weird but once i hit 40 it would start to judder and around 55 it would start moving across the road a bit

i was only doing about 60 when it skidded out

!!!! :p

Damn woody, sorry to hear that :p

Glad you're ok.

Hope all gets sorted ok :)

by the way, I have orange indicator lenses (and bulbs) if you want some replacements for the broken one?

On a different topic, were you in Maidstone last weekend (saturday) or was it a different purple starlet I saw?

I've packed the orange lenses and bulbs in too MJ dont worry buddy, plus it gets them outta my garage!!!! WOOHOOOO!!!! dont worry about gettin bulbs for the rear cluster units either, turns out they're all still there. also thrown in 2 large UKSC window stickers that i had spare but they're in a BAD shape, hihghly highly creased but if u know someone whos VERY handy with a hair dryer and is VERY patient then they'll be more use to u than me! gettin it all boxed up now dude!

Phil.