Just Painted My Rocker Cover

Right just Cleaned and Sprayed my rocker cover silver, I want to do the Raised lines and Toyota in black

Is it ok to use a black touch up pen to do it with ? will i stand the Heat and look ok

dont need to spray it all black you could f**k the paint.. when you go to paint the white it could react to the black.. start to peal.. or bubble the black paint away. Best advice mate just spot spray what you want in black let it dry atleast a day. leaving the remaing areas that you didnt want touched will still be in primer.. so there will be no reaction and should allow the paint to get a better purchase.

make sure you do a few coats of white as the black beneath will darken the white around where you spot sprayed!

i didnt primer mine,

i used lots of layers of the base color, in your case silver, leave it to dry over nite, then spray the black into the lid of the can and paint it on with a small brush then leave it to dry

did a couple of layers of primer on mine just standard primer chucked it in the oven for a few hours too :o then just used normal halfords paint and baked it in the oven again leaving like 24 hours before adding more paint between each step

Found some Hammerite special metal primer down work that my boss used to do his roll cage with, Put a coat of it on the Cam Cover have just gone out and keyed it up and put first coat of VHT on it again and will have to wait and see what happens, Unfortunately its not High Temperature primer don't think they make it ?? But i know hammerite is tough as nails and people have painted there blocks and Heads with it so should be ok considering Cam cover doesn't get to hot...

The Paint that should Prevent further problems

05082009544.jpg

05082009543.jpg

First coat after the Primer

05082009545.jpg

05082009546.jpg

First coat before without primer, You can tell it looks really Grainy where its reacting with the aluminium, But this finish does look alot better then it does with primer on underneath as you can see little brush marks :o There very Faint mind you

04082009521.jpg

get a wee tub of black engine paint for the lettering. and a tiny brush . if you were gonna do it the other way tho vasaline does work because i dont it on a mates cover when i polished the letters just waited till the rest was dry and wiped it off.

look at your high temp paint. all of the ones i have used ( only 3 diff kinds ) say they dont require any primer. that might be your problem. polishing is very time consuming. and sore on the fingers mind :D

just blast it with a drill with a sandpaper attatchment

DSC00005.jpg

DSC00006.jpg

DSC00009.jpg

DSC00011.jpg

DSC00012.jpg

then give it a good clean with white spirits,

then just apply lots of vht spray lol

but do it in fnie layers to start with

DSC00013.jpg

DSC00014.jpg

DSC00015.jpg

DSC00016.jpg

i did take pics of the stripes being done i think but i seem to have got rid, but the out come was this

newest4-1.jpg