hi all

quite new to the scene and have a very basic starlet

a question for the future is:

if i were to buy a 1.3 starlet sportif about 1997 plate, how easy is it to fit a turbo to the standard engine or for mods would i need to contemplate an engine conversion?

basically are any of the non-turbo starlets the same car but without the turbo fitted?

thanks

differnt rods, pistons and heads mate but the block is the same, but best off getting a gt engine and dropping it in or a forged lump to drop in if you want to run over say 230ish bhp

thanks for your replies guys

i was just wondering as in the future i am going to be looking at having a fast starlet, not for a good while yet.

i totally understand that about insurance as my car is going to be expensive enough.

i can't afford to do a fast starlet for a good while yet but wondering was annoying me.

thanks for solving my mental niggle

your best bet would be to buy a rear end crash damage glanza for a conversion or something dude, because you'h have all the looms and engine and maybe even turbo with it so you wouldnt have to go hunting for all separate parts, but you have to find a crash damaged glanza 1st lol

Everything is different the block has different mounting for oilfilter relocation, sump, just found out last night theres 3 different variation on the crank in both 4efe 4efte, head has extra water jernal and stonger valves/springs different rods/piston powersteering pump braket, injectors, inlet mani and throttlebody rockercover, the list is endless but its not impossible to do. You may as well just do a trasplant with a donor gt or glanza

Luke