Career Change?

as above guys, im currently training as a plumber but i see now that i shudda been a mechanic.

im in 3rd year now but still have a full year to do more or less. should i change or fuck it stay a plumber?

because i hear its a great hobbie but tuff job.?

have any of u ever thought of changing?

dont let your hobby be your jobthats what I've been told.

Im doing ducting atm but wish i could do mechanic cause im always under my car lol.

Finish your plumbing first if its 3rd year now then see where you go from there.

ima mechanic mate and i love it at times but at times its a bitch i always put it down to, who you work, the atmoshphere in the garage and whos trained you. if you are serious now is the time to do it, dont wait as it is hard later in life to get in. i love muckingaround with the motor on the weekend in stead of paying for it to be done

definitely finish your plumbing dude because its good money in that too, better than a mechanic i would of thought?

a bit more dosh i think all right, but i love cars. useless at cars now just minor stuff but i wana do the whole lot like engine convos etc etc

defo stick with the plumbing for now dude, gives u a nice cushion to fall back onto if it doesnt work out bieng a mechanic. because who knows u could do 2 years doing that then decide u want to do something else. not a wise move

I'm a qualified mechanic and trust me i wish i did plumbing haha!

Mechanics isn't such a good job to be honest, I would stick with plumbing if i was you..

Better Money, Better working conditions ect ect the list goes on,

but then again if its what you want to do no one has the right to tell you not to, So do what you feel is best! But get plumbing under your belt first would be a waste to chuck it in now :)

lol im 19 now and i cant get sod al after ive been laid off so you'd best stick to what you know unless you are guarantee'd a place doing something else,

dont let go of 1 branch til you've got a firm grip on the other

ive always fancied been a mechanic, always messin with mine n gettin pretty confident with what im doing these days and i always think it would be nice to do a job i was interesting in. but as said above i think it may be a bit of a hobby killer to do it as a day job.

i wouldnt mind going on a hands on mechanical course though, just for the sake of messin with my own car abit more. stuff like changing clutch nd cambelt which i darent bring myself to risk trying. :) got too much going on with work sending me on day release at university to do a degree in engineering manufacture though.

i fink its something like 600 quid for a years course on day release at national certificate level. but that will be mostly theory i think. i rekon nvq is most hands on i believe and you can do them at training centres and some colleges that have garages, and you can do level 1 & 2 without working as a mechanic

thats what it was like for me anyway where i work. i did nvq level 1 and 2 at a training centre. then started work and did level 3, now im starting level 4.

Level 5 is management i think :)