Ported Standard Manifold - 1 Bar?

Afternoon lads, bit of advice please ^_^

Just bought Socks ported standard mani (Cheers Matt)

Would like advice from anyone in the know. can i run 1 bar through it? is it 100% safe????

and will it give me the same performance as a tubular mani like Japspeed, SV & autobahn etc (without the instant cracking lol)

Im currently running an SV manifold @ 1 bar (but its blowing from somewhere)

Jam ecu

rx7 intercooler

gutted cat

hks silent power exhaust system

take a look at this thread Carl.

http://www.ukstarletclub.com/forums/index....showtopic=31332

i asked about this when i was getting the work done to it!

at first those important nubbies in runners 2 and 3 were still there, but then i got them remoed too, making it safe to run at 1bar ^_^

wrong link bud

i know which thread your on about anyway ive read it about 5 times over but couldnt find a good enough answer lol. i want a definate answer from someone who has run one compared to an aftermarket one for a long period of time

I'm running 1bar on a standard Mani 6month not one problem It gets check regular and its still the same now as it was after porting no cracks/blowing....... when you fit it get new genuine toyota (see enzo he sells them for the same as toyota does) gaskets or it will blow !!

I'm running 1bar on a standard Mani 6month not one problem It gets check regular and its still the same now as it was after porting no cracks/blowing....... when you fit it get new genuine toyota (see enzo he sells them for the same as toyota does) gaskets or it will blow !!

ive got genuine gaskets on at minute (been on for about 2 month) might reuse them with them not been too old.

by the way im not really that concerned about the manifold cracking when im asking if its safe. more with the restriction side of things compared with an aftermarket one. i dont want my engine to bang basically ^_^

yeh so long as the restiriction has been removed then you wont have a problem obvously you need supporting mods to run 1bar like at the minimum fpr and fcd decat airfilter exhaust system? oh and port the waste gate while the turbos off it'll reduce or stop creep

Don't use a FCD with a JAM ECU!

You don't need it. The ECU does everything on it's own.

X2 the jam ecu has all the restriction removed that the standard ecu has..... Fuel cut, speed cut etc...

you will need some type of boost control though EBC MBC Hks actuator so you can up the boost to 1bar. sorry I've not seen your build thread so not sure of your spec.

Don't use a FCD with a JAM ECU!

You don't need it. The ECU does everything on it's own.

dontttttt be sillyyyyyy

i know im not saying that ^_^:):D

i saying i didnt think i needed a fpr if im not running a fcd

(ive got a jam ecu, so i dont need to up the fuel pressure to make it run rich)

that correct?

dontttttt be sillyyyyyy

i know im not saying that :D^_^:)

i saying i didnt think i needed a fpr if im not running a fcd

(ive got a jam ecu, so i dont need to up the fuel pressure to make it run rich)

that correct?

Yeah that's correct, you shouldn't need any fuelling mods when running a plug & play ECU (up to 1 bar should be fine).