The Mileage Thread

How many miles did your car have when you bought it? How many does it have now? I'm curious haha.

1997 Starlet 1.3 Sportif 5dr, bought in 1999 by Mum with 34k miles..

11 years later? On 43k in my ownership, got it off her at 39k.

How about you guys?

Shafz.

The engine in the Demon i believe has done about 84,000 miles but i haven't had the chance to fire it up yet.

but my Lex has done 153,000 and is still going strong, just turned 10 years old :)

when i baught my glanza it had 62k kilomters. when the engine blew up it had 107k kilometers i had it for almost 2 years. the replacment engine had 94k kilometers iirc

my new GT has 72k but ive not checked if thats miles or kilometers yet

What are IS200's like on insurance, I'm actually really considering one, especially as good ones are well under 5k now.. Not for now though, maybe in 2 years?

Shafz.

not bad i guess. I pay £450 fully comp with protected no claims. Im 27 with 8 years no claims though. But thats everything declared and my girlfriend also ensured fully comp (she has 3 points and has written her last car off).

.........they are pretty slow though :)

@Jason_l - After my starlet N/A I think I'd find em pretty quick.. though I have driven some "decently" quick cars.

They're a bit common around here though :)

Shafz.

I found it quick as i had a 1.2 fiat punto before but im used to it now. Me and my girlfriend share cars so as i drive 40miles a day i use her 1.0 yaris and she uses my Lexus to go the 2 miles to her work. Then i have the Demon for power so i have best off all worlds :) They are pretty rare around here, i hAve only ever seen 1 other modded one!

The IS200 apparently has the least strained six cylinder engine ever put into a production car so it only produces 153bhp froma 2 litre but as the engine is so chilled out then it just keeps going and going and.............. over on the lexus owners club there are storeys of 500k plus miles and still going :p

Haha, I see quite a few here, South London, unfortunately some of the "drug dealer" types have them too..

I've driven a Punto 1.4 Sporting and that was decently quick, I think on paper quicker than the IS200? I'd love a lexus though..

Shafz.

bought mine in august with 70k soon ticked over to 71k on the way home and i now have glanzaV dials in mine which were on 72k km when i put them in. think its on 81k now still clocking in kpm.

so dont know what miles I've done in it! :)

The same one at that rover showroom? Not too far from me then haha, I haven't driven past there in weeks though.

Shafz.

Yea, that exact one.

£1575 with fresh mot.