It all started back in March 2007 when i gave my mate a lift to get his Celica GT4 WRC from Mackay Trading in Edinburgh...where i saw my baby hiding up the back n instantly i wanted her!

These were her sale pics....

GlanzaVMackayTrading_1.jpgGlanzaVMackayTrading_2.jpg

N after a fun drive home this was her with the family :thumbsup: .....

08042007523.jpg

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yes...there is loads more to come :thumbsup:

I made a few minor tweeks when i first got her, like stereo, gear-knob, mats, new wheels n some gauges so i could monitor engine. I upgraded the wheels from 14" JDM ones to 15" Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 in white and got Prosport gauges on carbon style piller pods (oil pressure, boost n afr).

24042007534-1.jpgDSCF1463.jpg

So after owning the car for a year..making sure she ran well n gave her a good service all round...i was ready to start modding. First thing was to uprate the suspension, strut braces n strip out the rear interior...also registered my private reg onto her :)

GlanzaVondrive_4.jpgGlanzaVondrive_5.jpg

OEMengineinclCuscostrutbrace.jpgDSCF1582.jpg

Then that winter i bought her an uprated air filter, bov, fmic, n a few samco's :D

DSCF1493.jpg

I didn't like how Blitz set the core of the intercooler because u loose the crash bar so off to B&Q to get a replacement bracket...this is Blitz compared to B&Q....

DSCF1512.jpg

Also had to mod the vertical bar inbetween the core n the radiator so that the core would fit.

DSCF1533.jpg

N it fitted behind crash bar :)

DSCF1522.jpgDSCF1552.jpg

That winter, I also gave the bay a bit of a clean n gave my rocker a polish because it was well manky. lol.

DSCF1637.jpgDSCF1669.jpg

I also added an oil catch can, using the 2 PCV valve setup...n this is how the bay looked now :D

DSCF1705.jpg

Im kinda missing bits because I've changed them for other bits...if u to see the full story, its in the TGTT.com garage under the profile name G5EGM :thumbsup:

So now my engine bay was nice n clean, i wanted to keep it that way n got myself a JAM style carbon reverse scoop to reduce the amount of water dripping into bay.

DSCF1727.jpg

I got one second hand off a EP82 so needed to mod my bonnet slightly...

DSCF1745.jpgDSCF1749.jpg

n it finally fitted :)

Photo0048.jpg

I also trimmed the front bumper to improve air flow onto fmic n put black mesh on it to reduce the amount of debris onto the core.

Photo-0227-1.jpg

The car hadn't quite idled well since I'd bought her n always seemed to cut out halfway thru warming up so I removed the OEM earth cable n replaced them with my own custom made ones :D

Photo0395.jpg

I've also upgraded my chassis stiffness a bit with the aid of a Zep Racing c-pillar brace, RSR panhard rod, and a JD-Tuning lower arm brace.....altho still don't have the panhard rod fitted :p

DSCF1628.jpg

I also got JD-Tuning front n rear tow-eyes and aquired myself a Renault Espace front splitter, so that went on too :p

Photo0720.jpgPhoto0440.jpg

next thing for her was to relocate the oil filter so i could get some gauge take off's as my oil pressure gauge was using the hole meant for the OEM pressure switch that controls the light on the dash!! ...so got a second hand GREX kit that had 3 swaged ends so no leaking :p

Photo0165.jpgPhoto0352.jpgPhoto0176.jpg

also stripped out the interior n gave it a good clean before wiring in the gauges...got myself a carbon din plate and double pillar pods to mount them in and fitted a Sparco white leather gaitor while I had the centre console off.

Photo0089.jpgPhoto0249.jpg

shortly after i refurbed my front brakes n painted the calipers red...pretty happy with how they came out :D

Photo0403.jpgPhoto0412.jpgPhoto0414.jpg

fitted bit more carbon...a pair of JAM style brows (see the oil filter peekin thru?) also had a white lip spoiler at the time so stuck that on too :p

Photo0442.jpgPhoto0450.jpg

..and a couple of pics out at the time.

Photo0459-1.jpgPhoto0457-1.jpg

i'd had a set of bucket seats waitin to go in but didn't hav rails so eventually got my hands on a EP82 driver rail so modded it til i got all the holes to line up but had to cut off one of the front feet n bolt on one i got from the scrappy.

Photo0523.jpgPhoto0531.jpgPhoto1084.jpg

so one seat fitted with my silver/white harness :p

Photo0554.jpg

i'd also slowly been collectin parts for a turbo upgrade...consistin of; SPS race coated mani, ToyTuning hybrid CT9 turbo, HKS actuator, SPS braided oil feed/return, Blitz decat, HKS silent hi-power exhaust, Blitz Acess ECU and Blitz DSBC, TM-D air filter relocation kit w/ K&N air filter....think that's everything :p ...oh also got a Sard rrFPR w/ braided hoses n gauge :D

Photo0731.jpgPhoto0867.jpg

i also got a Blitz b.o.v. c/w tmic turbo pipe so i could make a shorter route intercooler hot pipe.

Blitzbov_2.jpgBlitzpipe_1.jpg

N this is how it looked all fitted....

Photo0648.jpgPhoto0780.jpg

Photo0898.jpgPhoto0702.jpgPhoto0784.jpg

Photo0875.jpgPhoto1028.jpg

couldn't quite get my EBC to turn off with ignition even tho gauge do...so fitted this :D

Photo1160.jpg

more recently I've added the passenger bucket seat c/w harness, TRD dial surround, Sparco pedals (incl. Levoc footrest), a deep dish steering wheel n de-wipered her rear....

Photo1064.jpgPhoto1152.jpg

Photo1088.jpgPhoto1140.jpg

hav also fit my air filter relocation kit once i'd figured that i could fit it next to my oil filter :)

Photo1174.jpgPhoto1183.jpg

also like this pic of how braided hose sit for the oil filter

Photo1185.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I've tried to make my intercooler hot pipe even shorter as it was rubbin on underside of bonnet...so got myself another OEM tmic pipe (thanks to Jezza) n chopped it to suit, leaving me wit this.....

Photo1202.jpgPhoto1199.jpg

bought a new 180deg bend n a reducer elbow (should of been blue but oh well ^_^ )...this is how it turned out :)

Photo1227.jpg

Photo1224.jpgPhoto1219.jpg

since i relocated the air filter i had room to move my catch can so the oil ran into it, instead of sittin in the hose!

Photo1188.jpg

and also fitted a new oil return hose :thumbsup:

Photo1197.jpg