Over 1bar On Oem Ct9's

I go along the lines of this, my friend runs a td04 at 1.2 bar on stock internals, as long had he has no issues ill run a ct9 at 1.2 bar.

my only arguement in this all really is that imo 1.2 bar on td04 will be easier on the engine than 1.2 bar on the ct9, thered be a massive difference in temps between each setup, the td04 will create more power which will stress the engine a bit more but overall the heat from the ct9 at 1.2 bar will be more detramental to the engine

i ran stock boost, 10 psi , 15 psi, 18psi (1.2bar), 21psi and 25 psi all that on the ct9

Are you for real!!? 1.7bar on a ct9... did i actually hear you say that! lol

fook me that poor turbo must have been screaming at you to shoot it through the head before it blow your front of your engine up :o

my only arguement in this all really is that imo 1.2 bar on td04 will be easier on the engine than 1.2 bar on the ct9, thered be a massive difference in temps between each setup, the td04 will create more power which will stress the engine a bit more but overall the heat from the ct9 at 1.2 bar will be more detramental to the engine

More engines blow with td04 at 1.2 than ct9's so i dont see how thats true.

Are you for real!!? 1.7bar on a ct9... did i actually hear you say that! lol

fook me that poor turbo must have been screaming at you to shoot it through the head before it blow your front of your engine up :o

Well as hard as i was scream HOLY SHHHHHHHHHH in the car must the turbo be screaming but was reallyy fun

my tire's was screaming my whole 2nd gear hahahahahahahahahahaha

I would have to disagree, my coldpipe that enters the inlet is always cold after a blast.

A fmic intercooler has no issues cooling the ct9, so yeah can't see inlet temps being any higher than at 1bar.

I would have to disagree, my coldpipe that enters the inlet is always cold after a blast.

A fmic intercooler has no issues cooling the ct9, so yeah can't see inlet temps being any higher than at 1bar.

not just inlet temps, water temp, oil temp, the external bay temperature, there all gonna be higher making the engine work alot harder

a thing i dont understand is why people run low boost. a ct9 could do 1.2 bar all day long (with supporting mods) so up it,

same with a TD04, 1.4 bar all day long. stop being pussys :o

I used to think exactly the same thing until I started reading about it and then you realise it's not as simple as "turn it up to whatever the turbo can handle".

• 2 weeks later...

Well i like this thread because very shortly (3rd sept) my car shall be going in for a few goodies including:

Emanage-Ultimate

Front mount intercooler (Jperformance)

New exhaust (jperformance)

New manifold (Tuning Developments)

CT9 mapped to 1.1 bar

Already have decat

green airfilter in stock position

So im hoping that tthe engine will handle this extra boost!! :p

Thought I'd posted in this......when I had my car at its peak it was 183hp/175lb/ft and the mods were

CT9 @ 1.2Bar

Mapped with E-Manage

GReddy Front Mount

HKS Filter (In Stock position)

STANDARD Manifold (Starting to crack)

Standard CAT/Downpipe in place.

It can be done. My old car still goes to this day. I think the Turbo finally died though not bad for all the abuse I gave it 4 years ago.

cool!

• 4 weeks later...

I know my reply is kinda late haha!

But wanted to put my opinion in.. I cannot see how Toyota would not set the car up so at 0.8bar it was almost on the limit of destruction.. As with everything there always going to be careful.

I would say you could run 1bar easily as Standard for that reason alone

Im running a ct9 at a 1 bar with mod's

Blitz Access ECU

Blitz Decat

Zisco compact Manifold

kakimotoExhaust System

Air Filter Relocation Kit

JP Front Mount Intercooler

It pull's really well at a bar and feel's safe i dont think i would have the heart to turn the boost up to 1.2bar because my turbo feels really fit be a shame to blow it up

• 2 weeks later...

Set my ct9 at 1.2 yesterday. Took it for a raz for about 3 hours with mates who all have decently quick cars, Clio sport, 1.8 corsa Sri etc so was really giving it some and had to be on and off throttle because it was wet n was spinning like a bitch. But whoahh the engine seems to thrive off 1.2 bar, much more pull than 1 bar, through a rx7 top mount aswell!!

I always felt like once my car got to peak boost at 0.8 & 1 bar, in the only way I can think to describe it, was just flat power and didn't pull as hard as it should... Even though it was.. Just didn't sound right for some reason.

Now at 1.2 bar I can actually hear the increase in power as it steps over the 1 bar Mark, almost like I've got a second turbo kicking in at 1 bar lol

Is abit daunting though, I'm definitely scared my engines gonna go bang, I have a ported mani aswell so I'm not very confident running this level of boost through it, intake temps seem good though, cold side of ic was freezing but that may have been down to cold outside temps and bit of spray mist from wet roads.

Carlos

the engine will cope with 1.2 bar is that right?

im was running 0.8 bar on a ct9 and standard ecu supporting mods air filter fcd mani decat exhaust well let me tell you when it went in for its map was on stock ecu, it was under fueling like a b*tch garage said it was lucky i hardly ever put me foot down cause on the graph the air was off the graph in comparisson to the fuel

but once mapped on the apexi ecu and put to 1.1 bar it pulls so much better know flat spots or anything

real good fun

but it doesnt feel good putting nearly 2x the boost toyota put through it as standard so im gonna upgrade to a hybrid now.

• 3 weeks later...
Currently running my GT @ 1Bar on ct9 with hks fmic, cat back exhaust, gutted cat, ported ct9 mani, air filter at front grille, hks actuator & fpr. Am planning on myabe pushing it to 1.2 in the future as i will be going TD04 but it aint being fitted til my ct9 dies.

So how much boost can i run on a jam fcc,fmic,hks acutator relocated air filter, cat back, decat and a sard fpr? 1.2 bar?