Taggys Track Day Slut - Mission To Get Her Sub 7xxkg!

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

With all these 4efte engines going pop, i am so paranoid now about using mine on boost its ridiculous. After Sparkys breaking a piston ring at 1.4 bar, i am definitely going to turn the boost down on my TD04L. Its currently set to about 1.1 but im going to turn it down to 1 bar for reliability. (no point having a super fast car if it lasts 6 months!!)

All I have got left to do now is pick up an oil cooler on the weekend and hook up the rest of my oil pressure and oil temp sensors.

Since i have had this car im on my 3rd bloody engine in 2 years! now im not being funny but that's bloody ridiculous!!

Engine 1 was in fairness worn and not looked after and barely had 150psi across all 4 pots and lasted a month!!

engine 2 I shopped around for and got a nice one with low miles imported from Japan, with about 180psi across all 4 pots, although the bottom end went on it on track after a year and loads of fun track days, "silverstone" was the only track that made my car over heat, like a twat i missed the temp readings while concentraing on driving and cooked the engine. Just to note that F1 track is so fast your literally driving over 100mph the entire time your on it, my turbo must have been like a bloody volcano and cooked my rad system.

Engine 3 I had learned a tough lesson and bought again from the same company GTBitz in mint condition from japan, and this one had about 188psi across all 4 so was in even better condition, had only 19k on it when taken out of the car and there was no way i was going to let this puppy fail on me!

So now its got an oil cooler, dials to tell me what the hells going on with warning alarms, bells, whistles the lot!

I am thinking of bailing out of Japfest 2 though, i am not keen on using Donnington as a proving ground for her before i have tested it properly. Looking at breaking it in easier at somewhere close to home like Llandow :)

I am still running a stock ecu and RRFPR at the moment, its running quite rich so i am not getting as much power out of it as i should but its still bloody quick with the TD04L, looking to get an e manage blue and get it mapped at some point, not so keen on these piggy backs, would prefer a custom setup suited to my cars mods, but im more interested in upgrading the brakes to those WMS calipers and discs.

The standard brakes last about 10 mins on track before going soft on me, even with uprated pads and discs.

As usual its a never ending spend, not much left i want now though

what ecu u go for in the end?

posted up pics.

New Dyno results in and cars nearly ready to cause mayhem at Japfest 2

201bhp at the crank at 0.93 bar, well chuffed with this as there is loads more in it if i need to, i could probably get another 15-20bhp increase just by changing over from the standard ECU :p

Also got my oil cooler finally

This thing FUCKIIIIIIIIIIIIING Flew today :) it truly is an awesome track car now its so brilliant to watch

True credit to the hard work youve put into this to have it running so well in such little time well done dude

Remember though next time your on track you need some better brakes cause quite frankly I've never seen someone so fearless and brake so late in my life before :D

well done dude

Brilliant, no hand brake the back end was just a bit slippery, I have got track tyres on the front but not back so the tail was a bit light. Will change those for next time :)

You are mad. end off :D

Thx comments are always nice to read :D

I gave a couple of the lads passenger rides this time as it seemed a bit pointless going around on my own, i was willing to put up with the extra weight ha ha.

Gonna get that bloody oil cooler on tonight now with any luck and then next month its big brakes. I think after that I will tidy up the interior(not that there is much of it!), the Cobra bucket seats are old and torn so will ditch em for some new ones.

Taggy

Was awesome out on track yesterday mate! Never seen anyone take Redgate at such pace :)

Yeah defo, i decided against fitting the oil cooler at such short notice, couldnt risk leaks and stuff on the day being untested, so it meant i didnt have the dials hooked up.

Amjad said he was hitting about 110 degrees on his and not going any higher. My car never went above mid point on the stock temp dial, i think not having the turbo connected to the water circuit has made a massive difference to engine temps on boost.

I am fitting it tonight so will let you know how i get on.

What was the oil temps like mate or have you not installed your gauges yet?

Gonna have to go for a blast when my car is back

I was wondering why my oil temp never went above 60 degrees :( i have fitted the dam temp sensor after the oil cooler so its reading the cooled oil temp going back into the engine lol

Worthy investment :(
I was wondering why my oil temp never went above 60 degrees :( i have fitted the dam temp sensor after the oil cooler so its reading the cooled oil temp going back into the engine lol

fit another before it then you can see how well your oil cooler is working!