The End Of Tpm

TPM Sad News... It's with much sadness and regret that we announce that we're unable to continue with further issues of Toyota Performance Magazine.

We've given it serious consideration but there are two important factors that have attributed, firstly despite the initial enthusiasm for the magazine across the clubs we'...re associated with, the take up of readership has no where near met the level we need to sustain future publishing. As much as we publish TPM for the enjoyment factor and not for great monetary gain, we're simply not covering our print and distribution costs and can't take the gamble to print a 2nd issue.

One of our key staff also has health issues which again makes it difficult for us to continue in our current format. We sincerely thank all of you who have supported us with your enthusiasm, readership, advertising, articles and contribution of ideas, it's been a great ride, but sadly, it's the end of the road :0(

Please forward any enquiries to info@toyotaperformancemagazine.com

Copies of TPM are still available now at a marked down price of £3 posted within the UK, we'll also still be at JAE

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/pa...41155819?ref=ts

• 2 weeks later...

it seriusly sucks, was quite annoyed when i read it,

if there guys were doing it properly they would have had a sound business plan taht encompassed atleast six issues,.

its rediculous giving up only after one.

Sorry for the late reply guys, been up to our necks in sorting things out, and there was also 'another party' interested in taking over the magazine so we were holding off making the announcement totally final, however nothings materialised as yet. Enzo we did have a sound business plan when we embarked on this venture, and with the massive embrace of interest we received across the clubs we seriously thought it was the start of something good, what we could not of accounted for, is all that interest not turning into readership. We self funded TPM ourselves, and with the low level of take up, we just can't risk continuing with a second issue, I hope you guys understand that if you put yourselves in our shoes.

We're only a small family run publication and recent health concerns with my mother, Pam who handles much of the day to day running of TPM/MR2 Only, admin, orders, dispatches etc, also dealt us a crippling blow as we'd struggle to continue in our current format, even without the financial loss of TPM issue 1.

Those who subscribed will receive a refund on the 5 issues they've outstanding, if you could just bear with us a little while, as we've a hell of a lot of a lot to sort out, as unfortuntaly TPM not working has also affected our longer established magazine of 4 years, MR2 Only Magazine :0( any concerns or enquiries, please email info@toyotaperformancemagazine.com

We're at JAE next weekend for the final time, if anyone wants to pick up a bargain copy of the one and only issue of TPM, or its available through our website at £3 posted in the UK.

We thank the UKSC for all their support to date, was a pleasure meeting you guys at Japfest, and the dyno days, we're just gutted we can't continue on.

p.s. I will make the photos available to Enzo, that we took on the dyno day, that were intended to go in the 4 page feature :0(

Steve, TPM

well it seems you have had some issues, so i wish you all the best and hope your mother gets well.

With any new magazine that nobody has heard of, it will take atleast 2-3 issues of the magazine to get more people into it, its a shame not many were sold but i feel abit more publicity would of helped the magazine out to sell.

all the best with MR2 only.

• 2 weeks later...

I think you guys are giving up the goat too easily....

The mag could still go live online... those who subscribed could still get their magazines...

if you guys had/have the heart make the magazine a PDF file.... subscribers can be email'd their copy of the magazine..

you dont need to "print" the magazine... feature of pdf.. could be sold cheaper.. better for more subscribers or even atleast to pay off the remaining.

If it was me id be looking down every ally possible..

forums & word of mouth that pdf subscriptions are available could be looked at.

All the best anyway.

I talked to one of them at JAE on there stand, she said it's not all over as of yet they might have someone coming aboard that's buying the mag but they will still be writing it.

She even asked if I was from the starlet club too so not sure if we're the only one that are bothered the mag if going down the pan :) but then again this was a real big thing for the club so they sould understand why this has touched a nerve with us.

i wouldnt say touched a nerve really

i for one have mass appreciation for the guys at TPM for there amazing feature of our stand at Japfest. if this is the only issue that comes out atleast weve got a nice feature in it :)